xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
creatative

Heloo An Introductory Post

Hi everyone, I am Creatative (yea its my real name, honest :lol:) and I'm from Bangladesh, which is a small country in South East Asia. I am a student, currently studying Business Administration. My interests are programming, computers and tech in general, and I am also trying to learn graphic design (making logos, designing websites,etc. mostly using illustrator and photoshop) There are two reasons why I want free hosting from Xisto. One, is to start a tech blog, and the other is to host my design portfolio.Why did I pick Xisto? About three or so years ago, I wanted free hosting to start a site about something or the other. I joined a number of free hosts but all of them kept shutting down after a few months. It was very difficult to find a good free host. Finally, after months of disappointment, I joined a forum called Aboho. They provided very reliable hosting but only to really active users, and had a posting requirement of something like 30-50 posts a month. It was a great forum and I easily met the posting requirements. Unfortunately, they shut down about a year after I joined (but outlasted many other free hosts). When they shut down I started looking for other hosts and stumbled upon Xisto (in fact, if i remember corrected someone posted a link to Xisto on Aboho's forum, and was kicked out because linking to other free hosts was against the rules, ... sorta ironic). I opened an account at Trao17 and got the 10GB hosting. Unfortunately after the initial burst of posting I never really got into it. After being part of a community where I knew everyone so well, it was difficult to start all over again.After all these years I finally need hosting again and being as broke as ever I need FREE hosting. And unlike the first time, I know which host to go to. Xisto has been around for a long time, and it seems like its as strong and vibrant as ever.Hopefully this time around I will be able to become a better member and contribute to the community. Wish me luck.

Hi Creatative (I haven't heard any Bangladeshi name, like this :lol: ),Welcome back to Xisto,I am Bhavesh from India, doing Masters in Business Administration.Your story tells, many free hosts have left you but you have left the real free host (Xisto), but now you are back. Which proofs Xisto is the best. I have also tried a lot of hosts before settling to Xisto, 2 years back. Since then I have seen Xisto growing, increasing free web space and Band width, also changing cpanel and installed a improved server. Making free hosting at par with paid hosting.So this time don't go away, if you want to enjoy paid hosting features for free. As you were here earlier also, so it is understood that you know rules of this forum.Happy Trapping here, enjoy!!

Hi Bhavesh, glad to meet another fellow South-east Asian, and a neighbor. Where in India are you from. I live in Dhaka.Yea I know all the rules and I know that I know that it's not the number of posts that matter but the content, that's why I filled my first post with all those boring details, it gave me 10 credits (enough for a basic hosting account :lol: ). Anyways I really hope that I don't go away this time as well. See you around.

Hi, Creatative!First I thought your name was something derived from "creative". Is it your first or your last name?And anyway, it's good you have a less-common-in-the-internet-world name. On most websites I have to register to, my name is already taken.That story with Aboho and the need to post 30-50 times per month sounds dreadful.Here in trap I manage to post for about 8 times per month, and I get enough credits. 30 to 50 is too much, especially when you have busy periods in your professional / love life.So, hopefully the site you'll be developing will keep you motivated to post around here now and then. It's not that much, I had a busy year in 2008 and still I managed to make it. I even upgraded my account this month.So, see you around!DanPS: I wish you luck, as ordered :lol:

Edited by bittr (see edit history)

Hello Creatative and welcome to Xisto!I haven't seen such a well written and detailed introduction in a long time. It is nice to see returning members, it looks like you will be a great addition to these forums. Also, you are a programmer! Hooray! You'll fit right in with me and the rest of the computer nerds on this forum. :lol: I think you made an excellent choice by going with Xisto, it has been around for a long time and I think it will be around for many more years to come. So once again, welcome, I look forward to reading your posts around the forums.

Very cool. Your name rocks! As I have said before, it is so nice to have people from around the globe. Welcome, and I'm sure you'll have a good time. Ruben

Well welcome aboard to Xisto and that has to be an interesting name indeed but I do not think it could top a guy whose real name when combined says Super Man and Bat Man at the same time :lol:. As for free hosting no place is greater than Xisto especially now that Xisto is open to more hosting packages then ever before and so it is good timing on your part to join in the fun of those new packages.