xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-Sky-

[req & Suggest] -[news Link]- Suggestion and Request. :)

Hey guys! I coded a little script exclusively for Xisto (Open Discussion) Forum.

Script Name: News Link

Description of Script: This "News Link" script puts a header in the top middle of the board under "<% BOARD HEADER %>" and above "<% MEMBER BAR %>".

Screenshots: In attachment

Script code:

<br><script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/ipb_forum.js"></script><table cellspacing="0" class="newslink">	<tr>		<td><td align="center"><b><font color="#FF0000">Central-Gaming latest news: <a href="http://central-gaming.trap17.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14&view=getnewpost">Changes</a></b></p><br/></td>		<td align="right" valign="middle">				</td>	</tr></table><br>
Change "Central-Gaming latest news:" text to your desired name, and change the link
to the news forum.
Hope you like it OpeQue and BuffaloHELP. :lol:

This script/modification will work only for Invision Power Board (IPB) 1.3x. This means also it will work on IP.Boards 2.0x.

Thank you,

-Sky. ^_^

newslink.bmp

Edited by -Sky- (see edit history)

This thread makes me laugh...

Attention Notice: Please do not use this script without permission from me. Please PM (Private Message) me for permission to use it. If I say Yes then you may use it. If I say No, then please don't use it.

What script could you possibly be referring to? I must not fully understand this because all I see is a few lines of html code to put a link in a table with a css class applied. I'd like to see you prove that anyone actually used your code on their forums, I mean there are only so many ways that you can put a link in a table... And most of those variations would only differ by new lines.

Also, it looks like you're using IPB's css code and javascript code there. Did you ask them for permission on using this? I'm sure it took the developers over at IPB much longer than the few minutes it took you to make this to make their ipb_forum.js file.

Edited by galexcd (see edit history)

Wow, nice script, -Sky-! I am now using this on all 3 of my forums and it should give me a marginal increase in profits.

Yes it is. RedAlert, please remove my Avatar and Signature and make your own. I do not like the way you've copied my things, now remove it.
Thank you.

-Sky