xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lightforce

Simcity Societies Is it up to par?

I was looking around at different video games and eventually arrived at Simcity Societies.
The game looks quite similar to Simcity 4 as far as I can tell, but I guess it's a little more in depth.
I think you can control more parts of the actual society like you can make it authoritarian or capitalist and stuff.
The buildings look amazing and I am sure that it is more realistic overall than past Simcitys.

If any of you have played Simcity Societies and can tell me more about it and what you think of it that would be awesome!
Here is a link to its official site Simcity Societies where you can check out some
videos about the game. Also, I guess EA (electronic arts) decided to listen to the fans and inject some funny and pointless
disasters (dinosaur attacks city, robot holding a hamburger attacks city, earthquakes, and really heavy rain (collapses buildings))
into the game like in the older SimCitys.

I don't like Simcity Societies..As usual... EA ruin the series... If you have played the older Simcity games then you would know exactly what I'm talking about...Sure EA has kept some of the features that made the older Simcity games fun (i.e. the Disasters mainly...)But EA has ruined the essence of Simcity itself! I mean, in societies, you can't even build a city anymore! It is more like managing a small town where you can only build several buildings...I would've liked the game if EA just made it "Societies", but I reckon this is another "C&C: Generals" type of game where they put it under the name they want it to sell under but the game is nothing like the previous games...

I really really don't like Simcities Society, it was a waste of my money.As csp pointed out EA ruined the games. I would love to see some of the older Simcities games.

I recently bought Simcity 4, and im already bored with it :lol:I think EA has ruined all the new and upcoming SimCity games.As for "Only a couple of buildings for Sim Societies", you can actually download mods for new buildings on their site.

I hate SimCity Societies. It is so boring.I love SC4. I love the 1.7GB (yes, Gigabites :lol:) of plugins in my computer that make it fun to play. Thankyou to fan sites such as SC4 Dev, Simtropolis etc. who made the game even more interesting ^_^I still wish EA had released another expansion for SC4 instead of introducing a totally new shithouse alternative.A200

SimCity Societies is boring. We all want. Most of us want the old sim cities back like simcity 3000 or 4. In societies you build instantly buildings, you have the money,always. In Simcity 3000 or 4 you have to wait to build the buildings and you have to earn the money unlike societies. Societies really sucks, waste of good money... /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley7.Gif

-reply by Lowrider