xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
saitunes

Virtualbox

First Off I'm a mac user, and was looking for a great way to run windowsSun has made a great emluator, or whatever you want to call things like Qemu and parallels. Enter Virtualbox. It was just the solution I was looking for, something to rival Parallels, and this gives it a fair run for its money. I have tried Parallels, and was contemplating on buying it then I found virtualbox.The main feature I was looking for was what Virtualbox calls 'seamless mode' Parallels calls 'coherence mode'. This basically means your virtual program windows appear as normal windows. I know that this works with windows XP.If you're a mac user trying to run windows, try virtualbox.It's also available for a variety of operating systems.

With the new Intel Based Macs, you wont need any virtualization softwares unless you are still using G5 and below. True, Virtualbox is really durable compare to others but for me, VMWare Fusion for Mac is still top in my list. With the support of running 3D applications, many may prefer that to feed their casual gaming.Virtualbox comes in many flavor as it supports most .nix, Windows family and OSX versions. Also, good user base and support too.