xisto Community
DeM0nFiRe

Open Discussion... What The-?

Ok, I can see why you'd want to change the name. However, "Open Discussion"? Come on, you guys can do better than that. The name of the site is not Open Discussion, it's Xisto. As previously suggested Xisto Open Discussion would make more sense, but even that is so cliched. Calling it Open Discussion is so bland, who is that title supposed to appeal to? It seems like you are trying to appeal to everyone, but what is going to happen isthat it will appeal to very few. I mean, who is going to do a google search for Open Discussion and happen to come across Xisto and just say "Oh hey, I've been loooking for a forum with absolutely no central idea!" You should me up with a name with some sparks on it, something interesting.Otherwise, calling it "Open Discussion" just kind of makes it sound really generic. You guys want to sound like you are Open-Minded, Accomodating to many tastes. You don't want to sound like you are generic. You don't have to pick a central idea, you can pick many central ideas if you want (which is what I assume you want) "Open Discussion" seems more of just a lazy way to describe the site rather than something to call the site.

I have to agree too that the title should say something towards "Xisto - [Thread Title]" or "Xisto - Forums - [Thread Title]" or something like that. That way if people look for the text on their Firefox tabs or bookmark a thread or whatever, it's easily identifiable. I was kind of weirded out with "Open Discussion," but I recognize Xisto by the white and blue V symbol (which a lot of forums share, I'm gathering) and not so much by what my tabs say.I did a Google search for just Xisto and we come up on top, followed by sites that have their say about Xisto and one hit for a pheromone site. :lol: I don't think people will really have a problem as far as Google, and you won't have a problem having people score hits on this site since it tops out everything else.Edit: Oops... just noticed the change. Throw Xisto up there too, like how I suggested? ^_^

Edited by rayzoredge (see edit history)

I had just noticed this as well. I'm glad that not much else is changing.Although I'm more glad that the focus of this site is open discussion as said by the new title. Often times sites tend to stray from their original purpose and more often then not end up going down the drain.

Well when you have thousands of websites talking about the same thing it gets kind of hard to be unique with the name, but on that note though if you notice most hosting websites that have forums they are either for support or for general discussions. So if everyone notices this isn't your typical hosting forum since Xisto has topics that cover most things and we didn't have all these different forums the credit system wouldn't exist and we be the post to host instead of posting to earn credits for hosting.

For what it is worth, I just did a search on MSN and Google for "Open Discussion". Trap 17 showed up on page 6 of the MSN. I gave up looking on Google at page 13. Is Google ever going to catch up with the new monicker/title?

The name sucks, just change it. Who the hell will know what this forum is mostly centered about if you don't include free web hosting in the title. Yes, you don't have to be fully hosting oriented, but it won't hurt anyone if you make the name something like: Xisto Forums - Free web hosting included, or w/e.

Yeah, I know I'm not a good title maker ^_^:lol:

P.S. Change the name.

Edited by miladinoski (see edit history)

It has Mich, it is all about keywords and in this case you would need to put in Open Discussion and free web hosting, for trap to appear and so it is going to take awhile unless OpaQue submits a new site map to google. Which is a task that is time consuming in itself because of how many links their are and so getting open discussion to work with trap is going to take time and so using site:Xisto and the + in google is going to help in searching the Xisto forums.

The name sucks, just change it. Who the hell will know what this forum is mostly centered about if you don't include free web hosting in the title. Yes, you don't have to be fully hosting oriented, but it won't hurt anyone if you make the name something like: Xisto Forums - Free web hosting included, or w/e.

Yeah, I know I'm not a good title maker ^_^:lol:

P.S. Change the name.

The name doesn't suck, don't change it. Who the hell won't know what this forum is mostly centered about if you don't include free web hosting in the title. Besides I don't post to this forum for free web hosting at all, the only reason I am hosted is to give away credits to other members. I was even slightly embarrassed some times when I would try to get some of my friends to join this forum because it was so centered around free web hosting and I would have to explain that it has a good community for just ordinary posting, not just hosting.

P.S. Don't change the name.

So if you type in Open Discussion Free Web Hosting then you get Xisto on google? Yeah, that seems like great SEO! Seriously, the name Open Discussion is very bland, uninspired and generic. If you don't want to use the name of the website (Which really seems like the best idea, even if you want to leave out the web hosting, "Trap 17 - Forums" would suit quite well) at least pick a name that isn't so "so what?"