xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
EdgabtheGreat

The Time Traveller's Wife Recommendation

Rate this book.  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Audrey Niffenegger is the author of this absolutely brilliant book! Her writting is very 'real' and the story line is definitely one you have never read before. The Time Traveller's Wife is an absolute must for anyone who enjoys reading. The main plot is about a guy, Henry, who time travels and basically meets his wife when she is 10 and he is about 40 years old! I will not tell you any more so as not to reveal more of the story.....'HERE'S THE NEXT THE LOVELY BONES...A RARE BOOK' -EVENING STANDARD'At its core The Time Traveler's Wife is an old-fasioned love story. A terrific book...startlingly original' -OBSERVER'Wonky, sexy, incredible' -THE TIMES'Niffenegger exploits the possibilities of her fantasy scenario with immense skill: no wonder this novel has spent weeks on the bestseller lists. This is one of those books that makes you want to eat it up from start to finish' -GUARDIAN'Pick up Niffenegger's book and you'll experience the visceral thrill that only a few novels provide. An elegy to love and loss' -INDEPENDENT ON SUNDAY'Truly original' -VOGUE

Edited by EdgabtheGreat (see edit history)

One of my high school French teachers recommended this book to me...I haven't read it yet but thanks for bringing it to my attention; perhaps now that I remember, I finally will!

Now this has to be the weirdest coincidences in my life. I have not read this book but was planning to do so this week when my Uncle would be visiting over. I did not expect to find this topic here but I am pretty excited about reading it because my Uncle absolutely loved it and recommends it to me :lol: So if I do not forget I will definitely reply to this topic once I am done with the book.