xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

U2's New Stuff.

quite like the new single from their new album. I don't think i liked their other stuff but there were one or two that were quite good. What do you think? Are you impressed with their new material? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------?Silence silly mortal!? He boomed. ?I am Gobshet!??Sure you are.??Torture him at once.??Have a nice day at the gym???Pull out his teeth and then cut off his nose.??My nose? What?s my nose got to do with anything? Sure, I won?t be able to smell this stinking place.??You smell Mortal. You smell of ritual berries.??That?s probably because I have been eating them.??You stupid mortal. Always eating other peoples things.??You don?t know the half of it. Whoever?s cave it was, Hazel ate the stew. I didn?t know Goblins liked stew.??Find this Hazel at once and cut off its tongue!??Don?t! Leave her, kill me instead!?

I used to be a bit of a fan of U2. I can remember when I rode my daily busride to work with nothing but their Red Rocks concert on infinite loop in my walkman. That was the time when they were real rockers, protestsingers, angry and full of youthfull fire.Now they're fat, old, complacent multimiljonairs. Regurgitating flabby, uninterested/ing popsongs. When I see Bono's face at one of those "save the earth/animals/people" again I HAVE to switch channels.

I don't really think they're comebacks...a lot of those bands spend a lot of time touring, and don't really get too much studio time. Thus, coming out with a new album is a much more extended process. U2 has had it's share of recent big-time gigs (i.e. the Super Bowl a few years back, which, BTW, was an absolutely mesmerizing performance!), so they would be the LAST band I would designate a comeback with. Green Day, I'm not so sure with...what the heck was their last single before "American Idiot"? lol