xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lil poetry

17 At War full song

Its a new day, the sun rising, lives lostnobody seems to care anymoreall our cries for help are ignoredfighting our demons, the whole neighbourhood at warchildren dying, fathers dying, mothers dying, so I ask why do we still keep on trying?life is impossible to liveits a struggle just to surviveim out here fighting for my lifefighting for my loved onesmy independencethe right to live in peaceand hoping my mother won?t live to see the day I passwe all God?s creation, earth?s populationbrothers and sisters yet we don?t care for each otherwe fight the weak and steal from the poorour egos and rules to blame for those who try but diethe angels cry, falling from the skyI?m 17 at war17 at warwhat on earth am I fighting forand why living in torment17 at warno chance to play,act my age and get those girls17 at warliving my life at warwe cry but no answerswe pray but no answersthey take our belongings and provide us with no answerswe shout but no help comes our wayto them we are just one simple statisticmy heart aching so I shout to tell themif we?re only left with one choicelisten to that voice and take it?s advicewhy you think we attracted to crimewhy you think I?m writing this rhymeI?m telling you we living in warsome of us live in fearand each night shed a tear to try to get us to sleepyou know it?s not right when half of us won?t make it past twentyand are being praised for staying with our baby mamasthe skies are always greyso we choose to throw our lives awayI?m 17 at war17 at wartold it?s my faultso I?m kicked to the floor17 at warborn without a chanceso I do is dream of success17 at warliving my life at wardealt a bad hand by societymarked cause of my colourso me and my family living in povertyno one hears our voice as what we achieve they claimso mama working 2 jobs just to keep our namenever seen my daddy, abandoned us before the fightonly had mama to hold when frightened at nightasking God when will the stars shine brightbright enough to take me and my family out of hell and straight into heavenwe all children of warvictims of warwhile looking for God we perform sins for the devilchildren of warvictims of warlooking for Godbut finding the devil17 at war17 at warliving my life at warso I?m 17 on the block17 on the block17 on the block