xisto Community
jlhaslip

Linux Help To Add An Application well, find an application I installed, actually

I used the Add/Remove feature to add an application, but now I can find it to use on my install of Ubuntu hardy Heron 8.04.The application was 7zip Compression/Extraction tool. I used the default application installer. It displays as installed when i review the Applications I have, but I can not find out how to run the stupid software.HELP!

Ok I did did a run and search halsip and from the looks of it it is a command line compression version of it and so you would have to use 7zip through that in order to compress files.Go to Places > Computer > then do a search for 7zip and you should get a p7zip folders and file also copy and paste this directory link and it should bring you to the read me in which it will give you links to the command line syntax.file:///usr/share/doc/p7zip-full/DOCS/MANUAL/index.htmit should look like that depending on how you set up your linux distro.