xisto Community
mrdee

I Really Do Not Understand How do they calculate your credits?

A minute ago, I noticed my site nor my email wer working.So, I decided to come here and check my amount of credit, as I knew I was getting low.But who can understand my astonishment when I noticed that I was in a negative state of credit, at -4.15?What happens on this site then? Do they just eat your credit as they see fit or what?As I said before, I knew I was getting low, and that is why I came and checked, but yesterday I still had credit worth 1.65 points, today I find myself at -4.15.So, you can imagine that has really left me wondering how i could have eaten 5.80 woth of credit in just one day.Add to that the fact that on a number of occasions it has happened recently that, when visiting the forum, we either were faced with a DPI error and hence could not access the forum, in other words, we were also unable to post, or it also happened the forum opened normally, but when you clicked on a topic, you just could not see the posts, so, you were once again unable to post and earn some credit.Yet, when the aforementioned problems were fixed, your credit had still gone down, and, while I was lucky it did not happen to me, I can imagine some people must have seen their credit go negative while there was not a single thing they could do about it. You could argue now, 'you have to make sure you have sufficient credit in case of emergencies', but these things can not be foreseen and I find it very unfair that, when people are unable to post, their credit still goes down. I also think we should be informed about the way your credit goes down, as I have never, ever come across a surprise (a very unpleasant one) as the one I am facing now.Then there has also been the matter of the problems Xisto members have been facing ever since the server migration, when there were times our sites were down for long times, our email did not work, or interactive pages could not be accessed by the visitors, and of course this forum itself that was not accessible at times, as I mentioned before.When that happened, our credit still kept going down as usual, while posting on the forum in order to accumulate credit could be compared to paying to have your site hosted. If similar things happened with a paid hosting company, the customers wouls at least be entitled to some compensation (they might have to insist and nag a bit, but, in the end, the company would definitely agree to some kind of compromise).Instead, what happened here was that your support tickets were simply ignored on a number of occasions, and, while the problem should have been known to Xisto, quite often there was no mention of it here, unless some or other customer raised the issue.Anyway, to come back to my original point, I would definitely like to know how my credit managed to take such a nosedive in just one day.I also think Xisto/Xisto should start to get their act together from now on.Shortly after joining I was always very happy, not to mention also impressed with Xisto's near perfect service, but ever since the server migration, things have really started going down the pan.A not so impressed customer.

Yeah, I started going down 1 credit each hour, earlier today. I asked Jlhaslip about it on Skype, he said every 1 hour 1 of our credits are removed, or decreased. We must post on the forum more, and be active I guess. But since the first day I joined, I have been active. I don't know why thats happened to you mrdee. :)-Sky

The worst one is, I restored my credit about 2 hours ago, they say it automatically restores your functionality, but my site and email are still down.

The worst one is, I restored my credit about 2 hours ago, they say it automatically restores your functionality, but my site and email are still down.

Wait, so let me get this straight. I have to keep posting on a semi- hourly basis if I want to maintain the continual operation of my website? That is absolutely ridiculous. What if Im without computer access for a few days? My sight goes down? I have a business to run and I can't let that happen, I guess bothing in life is truly free.

No mavreix. You must keep your credits above 30, 10 credits, to keep your hosting account online. If for some what reason your credits go -30 then you'll need to post more on the forum. Shamefully our credits don't increase every 2 hours of activity on the forum. :D But still, this is a good and better opportunity to run our own sites plus WITH a .com, .net, .org etc domain. This hosting service I think is the ONLY webhosting that offers a FREE domain at an x amount of hosting credits. :) Trust me. Just post a little. :(

Just post for a few days (2 weeks) and we will see what your Credits are then. Just make good quality posts, and you should be fine with credits. Saint_Michael has over 700 credits, even though he has more then 999 posts, and has been here longer then us. But look at all of his posts/threads. They are very large (quality) posts.

I think It'd be better if you guys read the Xisto Readme. :) This may help alot for you all.

As I said, just maintain a good amount of credits and you'll be fine! Trust me. As soon as I upgrade from my first package to a better one (costs 30 credits) I can begin my Central-Gaming business. :( I will have Invision Power Board 2.3.5. (Licensed of course). :(

-Sky

As a matter of setting the record straight, I will (once again) outline the important points about credits.

1. You earn credits by making good, quality posts. Deleting of posts, having them sent to spam bucket, or editting will reduce the number of credits in your account while you are not-Hosted.

2. It takes 10 or 30 to obtain Hosted status, with a review of your information and a screening of your Posts by a mod. Admin will activate the account following some further checks. (zero warnings)

3. Upon receiving Hosted status, your credits will be reduced to (min 1, max 4), credits. Credits are then reduced by 1 credit per day while you are Hosted.

4. When (if) you reach zero credits, your account is non-active. You can not view your site or use the cpanel until the account is re-activated (see 6. below).

5. When your account reaches neg 30 credits, the files are subject to being deleted and lost forever. Be certain to always have a back-up of your site and databases off-site.

6. When you are in the negative, you must reach positive 4 credits before the account will be re-activated. The lower your credits, the more credits you receive for a post. When you have many credits, you receive less for a similar post.

7. Be certain to always have a 'buffer' of credits. Ten is a minimum, although many of the members prefer 30 or more in their account.

8. Credits can be transferred between Hosted members only. You must have 30 credits remaining after the Transfer for the Transfer to proceed.

I hope this clears up the credit confusion. Any more questions, please PM a Mod.

ps: the exact details of the Credit Script are available only to Opaque, the site owner. He wrote the script.

To calm everyone;s fears and everyone's questions, first off you don't lose a credit an hour you lose about .04 credits every hour and its roughly one credit a day. Next when you get your account suspended you go to -4 and then you have to bring it back up to 4 positive credits, then after an hour your account is unsuspended. As for you mrdee your website is up again you should be fine. Now depending on your posting abilities you can earn a lot of credits if you do nothing but posts for a couple of hours and so if you post a couple times a week for a couple of hours you won't have to really worry about credits that much. Now if you don't have computer access for a couple of weeks best thing to do while posting is bank some of your credits that will be use for an emergency or if your really in a bind you can purchase credits as well.