xisto Community
milbymangaclub

Parents Smoking

Smoking is injurious to health and you being concerned about your mom is absolutely perfect. You realize that smoking is an addiction and a habbit on which the body clock wants to depend.But, your mommy is going through a lot of stress and you realize that. She needs a listener and you should try to be there for her. Give her occasional calls and ask her about her day :) Remember that, your silent presence talks more than your words :)Do not ask her to Quit Smoking. I am very sure she knows about it and also realizes that she is helpless and more likely addicted to it. Repeating to Quit smoking will add to the pressure and will result in more smoke. If she is there in front of you... just give hints by keeping the ciggies away from her or rather tell her that her smoking affects your breathing.Take it easy and have a lot n lot of patience :D

my mother is smoking again after stopping 8 years ago. i kept telling her to stop until she did. now she is smoking again due to stress at work and i don't know if i should let her or not.ps: i am not old like 20 or 30 years old, i am 16.

A couple tips, buy her a pack of gum and tell her to chew a piece every time she feels the need. Tell her to look into alt. stress relievers like homeopathic tobacco. Also tell her money is not worth health or her life, if the job is causing stress its not good anyway, tell her to get a new job. Sometimes you have to physically move to make a big life change. You might try that too.

Well, first off, she is your mother, she's the boss, so I don't understand your statement of you don't know if you should let her or not. Not really much you can do in that department. Nagging generally only succedes in annoying the smoker and is generally not very useful in getting a person to quit. Asking niclely and telling her you love her and want her to be around for a long time may help, but don't go overboard and do it constantly. Now, if it is stress related, and will be a temporary thing, it probably isn't going to be that big of a deal if she quits again after things straighten out at work. Rather than nag her, is there anything you could do to relieve her stress? Maybe help out around the house to lighten her load, or just talk to her about what is bugging her. People find many ways to reduce stress. Some smoke, some drink, some take pills. None are particularly healthy. Better to get to the cause of the stress and fix that than become a junkie.

If I were you, I wouldn't let her. Even though she's the one with the cigarette in her mouth, you are the one taking in all the passive smoke. So you've got more than enough reason to stop her - filial piety and your own health. Take some of the tips that members above have suggested. I hope she quits smoking soon for her sake and yours.