xisto Community
FreedomOverdose

What Do You Think About The Lhc Experiment?

So I read in the news that some girl in India committed suicide by taking pesticides because Indian media is projecting this experiment as some kind of end of the world thing. This is both scary and disturbing. Why can't these guys just accept things as it is and move on with their lives and we can sleep in peace.

Article Link : http://www.dawn.com/news/320708/girl-commits-suicide-over

Ok maybe you are right and no blackholes will be created. But when the protons collide it will start a fusion reaction which is for now uncontrollable and if this happens the earth will become a fireball just as the sun

I don't want to comment on the black holes. Obviously nothing's happened so far. But I seriously can't get over the Gordon Freeman picture. It's so funny, I am telling all the bro gamers in my im list!

Maybe we should throw in this suit he had and a crowbar!

Keep in mind that all that the LHC has done so far is send single protons around the huge loop. This will be all that happens for a few more weeks, until October 21 (I think) when the first collisions take place. This means that it's extremely unlikely of doomsday before then!(strangelets are strange)

Well if you look at this videos then you can see if black holes cant be made. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ....any how since you saw this what you think, I know I know it is not real or is it??? hahaha the thing is that when scientific experiments of this sort happens, and there is a rumor like the one of THE END OF THE WORLD, then I think that the scientific community has a responsibility to "call" the principal news programs of all over the world to avoid any kind of ongoing "gossips" about DEATH...because then it happens what it always happens, someone truly believes the end of the world is near and what they do?? they kill themselves, like the 16 year old girl from central India.

What you guys think..

I found this blog about the LHC by the LHC people, and its in earthly words so everybody can understand, https://lhcdiario.wordpress.com/ its in spanish so if any of you know about a similar blog but in english please say.

Edited by isdrobotica (see edit history)

I followed the project on discovery channel and I really like it,and i feel sorry for those people who planned to sabotage the project.I really hope those sientists get wat they are looking for.

Ok maybe you are right and no blackholes will be created. But when the protons collide it will start a fusion reaction which is for now uncontrollable and if this happens the earth will become a fireball just as the sun

Perhaps you could go back and read my post earlier on in this thread. The Earth was predicted to be a barren wasteland, devoid of any atmosphere and therefore of any life, as a result of the first atomic bomb explosion, the Manhatten Project, back in 1945. People thought that the Trinity test of July 16, 1945 would do exactly what you are predicting here about the LHC experiment, that it would "start a fusion reaction which is for now uncontrollable". Doomsday predictions abound where knowledge is lacking. There is safety in the known, the tried and true. It is only when we try to push the boundaries that we come across the unknown. Even Christopher Columbus was told by many people of his time to not sail too far away, for he would fall off the edge of the Earth!

Posted ImagePosted Image