xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lil poetry

Hip Hop Is Dead? rap

Now the story of the year was hip hop is deadthats what the legend that is Nas had saidSoulja Boy didn't make it any better because of him quickly the news had spreadwith that bold statement Nas got the world's attention in the rap game he caused a whole lot of tensionpeople knew what he was saying was truebut still at the same time no one wanted it to be truethe game has changed significantlysince life has become too costlywhat all rappers now cared about was the blingand being seen in the media as a hip hop gangstathe old school, meaningful rap we inherited had vanishedno one spoke the truth, record companies had it banishedthis is why most of today's rappers are bigmouthedand with Nas coming back they are soon to be demolishednow the hip hop game does desperately needs a heroonly a few still sell millions without the need for swearingso we need to respect and praise them for what they achievinggrowing up I regret not listening to Pac and Bigbut grateful we have the likes of Eminem and Jayas they part of the few who show true hip hop todaythe game is on the rise againand hopefully one day I?ll have my say

I'd be happy if it dies completely. The painful thing is it is not dying. I think Nas is saying Hip Hop is transforming into something so different from what they think is true Hip Hop. True poets or blingy rappers I don't care what the difference is but I don't think Hip Hop is doing this world any good. The damage is more than what these rappers can realise and the most affected people are fellow black brethren. Hip Hop has transformed my brother into a materialistic gangster and I hate it for that. When I was growing up I used to listen to listen to 2pac, Easy E, Ice Cube, Juvenile, Postmen, Dr Dre, Snoop, Nas and some underground artists. Most of those guys were slowly turning me into a racist with what they said was "truth". It may be true. I wouldn't know I'm an African and I've never been to Brooklin but do we need to have people preaching the hate gospel instead of making things right?People who listen to Hip Hop develop a habit of blaming everything on someone or something and usually it's "the police", "the system" or simply "they"Please get some education and stop hanging around corners making streets unsafe for yourselves.