xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
saitunes

Pda... But Which One?

I am looking at getting a PDA/Palm pilot/handheld organizer device. I really don't know whats out there. I don't want a smartphone, I don't want the phone that does it all. I don't like it when one gadget does it all, the only thing that I have that can do everything, and I like it to do everything is my leatherman (A multi-tool like a gerber. A swiss army knife on steroids if you will) I really don't like it when things do everything. The iPhone (not that I hate it) It just does too much, its an ipod, PDA, game device, secretary and phone all rolled into one. I don't see anything wrong with an iPhone, just I don't want one gadget to rule them all, one that replaces the need for a phone, organizer, pen and paper, and a bunch of other things.

I would love something that has a timetable/Calendar, contact manager, drawing & writing pad. I would take a keyboard over handwriting recognition.

When I think about it what I need is:

Contacts

Calendar

Drawing pad

Notepad

reminders

Something that syncs with my mac

But I feel that that is the bare minimum there are other things I would love but are not a necessity like email software, WiFi conectivity. When it boils down to it what I want is essentially a handheld computer. I know alot of people would be thinking iPhone or iPod Touch at the moment, and I am too, There's a bunch of things that I want to be able to do aswell like edit word files, a bit of image creation (like acorn).

To be honest I would love something as flexible as pen and paper itself, except a digital version that doesnt get scrunched up.

I really don't know what I want. But what are some good PDAs that are flexible and sturdy