xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
GrinningKittie

As The Whirlwind Blows Sharing with yall where Ie been lately......

When I first got intro'd here I posted a LOT. Not just to earn points, but because I really enjoy posting. In the last few months though my life got helter skelter keeeraaaazy.Does that ever happen to you? Where life becomes some insane whirlwind that picks you up and just won't let you drop to some sane ground of safety?Let's see if I can back track some......Back in May my cousin came to stay with me for awhile. Long story behind that ( and not mine to tell). She comes with one neurotic dog ( who we lovingly refer to as the Pickle because for all her bark and might she is about as threatening as the last pickle in a jar). She comes with three kids ranging from age just about three at the time, turning eight at the time and ten. The toddler is delayed. The eight year old has ADD. The ten year old is ADHD/OCD and autistic. Oh yeah and she was seperating from her husband.Did I mention I have two kids, a roommate, a husband and a puppy? Don't forget the 5 cats or so.....Yeah so it was a tad crowded. No bigs. She and her family had stayed with us before ( another long story). Only last time I did na have a roommate, dog or husband at home. Nor was she without a spouse. So yeah it became strenuous.Now add in some double booked fun just for smiles n giggles here......My dear friend B had made plans to visit me late June ( she and her family had been transferred to Hawaii 3 years ago and she said when that term was done she would come visit me on her way back home to her home state). Well late June turned into late May. About the same time my house was already bursting with bodies.B brought her own Pickle ( small attention hound who had a thing for digging all the way to Indochina at various spots in my yard), two cats ( on top of the five I already owned!), two guinea pigs ( this was a last minute afterthought....) and her own two girls ages 4 and 5. June was not a happy month. Cousin and B butt heads alot. I found myself refereeing between adults, kids and both a majority of the time. B was to be leaving by July 4th ( and was taking my son with her to help out on the farm, earn money and do fun summer stuff) but Cousin was in hiatus. My husband was getting ready to deploy sometime in August and he was not happy with all the animals, kids and tension.How is it that trying to do the right thing can end up with so much wrong stuff happening?? UGH!After B left things calmed down somewhat. I ended up with her cats ( they got skittered the day she was leaving and they hid) but that was small potatoes. My Cousin's hiatus situation was still.....in limbo. No progress was happening as far as what was going on as to her seperation or how she was going to get out on her own. I could na kick her out (I'm not heartless).....however my daughter ( who is non-verbal autistic), husband and roommate were all miserable. I finally made Cousin and her husband TALK. Really TALK. Like in person about goals and WTFricklefrack was going on. Her kids were convinced that they were staying at my place forever, the toddler was not potty trained yet, Cousin was burnt out on paperwork ( between registering for welfare and legalities for seperation) and her hubby seemed clueless that it was HIS job to take care of ( support, something!) his family regardless of how messed up their relationship seemed to be.It was a headache for everyone.Eventually my husband and I let them know they had to get their stuff together and find somewhere else to go. August was looming close and he wanted some space and peace before he had to deploy. And there was very prescious little of that going around. Mind you this was to be his third tour and while he was home for a year this time he spent 5 months of that in another state for retraining. Take into account all the 24 hour guard shifts he had done I would say that after tour two he had been at home with us as a family for about 6 months. Hardly any time to readjust back to a family. Now take into account that out of those six months two and a half of those had found themselves booked with extra families. Yeah. It was not going over very well.He understood that I was trying to help people close to me ( in Cousin's case) and that timing was a fluke as far as B's visit goes. I am lucky that he is such a patient man.I had to choose my family though. And it pained me to put anyone else out. There was nothing more I could do though. I could not patch up their relationship. I was not up to rearing kids that were not mine. I'd given out all the resources I could think of.It was really hard and I thought that peeps would end up hating me completely.I am lucky to be blessed with such understanding people in my life.August came by and ended up passing in a blur. As one door closes another one opens. Another friend of ours had moved in ( no kids and he had a job). Hubby actually invited him to stay here ( he gets along with everyone and is real polite).So a new roommate. Then I had my boy sent back to me early so he could hang out with hubby before hubby deployed. THAT was an adventure as my son has never flown by himself before ( he is 13). Nerves got the best of him and the ride home was interesting...As a celebration of my son coming home we ( hubby, roomies and I) fixed his room up. He has had some anger management issues in the past......so we figured he had matured enough to patch the holes up ( something we gave up on doing for awhile....). I also single handedly painted his room ( dark blue, storm blue/lavender window sills, black ceiling) the colors he chose. My son was totally ecstatic at seeing the remake ( his room before was neon lime green and '80's teal.....both colors he picked shortly before turning 11). In fact shorty after he made it home my brother painted some lightening bolts graffiti style in my son's room. Lot's of oohs and ahhs there.At the same time that the room was being revamped one of my best friends was prepping to be married. She asked me to be the Maid of Honor. I've been to a few weddings.....however I always end up in the Best Man's spot ( one wedding I was the Best Wo-Man and the other one I was the Best Adrogyne.....lol!). So I had a LOT to learn quick. Part of that was putting together a party for the Bride to be. :) I had no idea what to do! Thank the heavens for the internet! To top it off her party and my son's return home were for the SAME NIGHT!!! Yeah THAT was fun.......After all that my hubby got some leave time ( militarese for vacation) and we spent every day taking advantage of the weather. Picnicking, walks along trails, swimming ( indoor and out), bowling and more. Every day was an adventure. I wanted to make memorable memories before he had to go ( and I also know that the closer his date came the more emotionally shut down he would become.....which is normal believe it or not). Some days were so packed I thought my head would spin right off! I guess we had too much fun because before I knew it.........the day came for him to leave. I have na slept much since.That day started at 4 am and didna end until 2 am for me. Since then I have been trying to focus on the kids and the upcoming start of school ( tomorrow actually!).I've worked with my daughter on her handwriting, toured her school ( still need to meet her teacher as she never called back), been helping my son with homework throughout the summer (including a nice puter program that teaches in a manner that is fun and packed full of points much like playing Jeopardy!). Since my husband has left I have redone the kitchen, laundary room, dining room, living room and our room. I still have closets to clean out. My husband and I started a real life anime group about a year ago based out of our house. Since May it has been sort of on hiatus ( hard time finding other members to host it temporarily). Now that my house is cleared out ( so to speak) the meetups ( two a month) will be back here ( and I expect this next one to have quite a turn out as the peeps are excited to no end). So I have that to look forward to.The next two weeks are packed with doctor appointments ( my daughter has a slow G.I. track and my son needs another set of glasses), errands and maybe some socializing. Whew!On top of that I found a lovely organization called Project Linus where blanketeers ( that is what the volunteers call themselves) crochet, knit or quilt blankets for children ( ages 0years to 18 years) who are in the hospital or have suffered trauma. I want to be a blanketeer. I would also love to meet other people who would like to do the same. I am seriously thinking of starting up a chapter in my neck of the woods ( though they only take apps a couple times of year).So yeah.I've been busy and I'm trying to KEEP myself busy. Busy helps make the time pass by quicker.So........what do you find helps you pass the time when you are anxiously awaiting something ( or someone)?

I never 'Pass the time' on purpose. I haven't been excited about starting a new year at school since I was 11, and recently the last few days of my holiday have been non-stop partying.I'd say, try and enjoy your spare time by doing something you enjoy rather than something that'll make the calendar move. Over my summer holidays I started recording music from my guitar onto PC, I started a webcomic, I went to China-town every other day and had a buffet: it depends what you like doing.Also, nice to hear you're back on the forums even with various doctors appointments and with yourself having to look after the kids without your husband. It also sounds nice to be rid of your cousins family... :)

LOL!Well I do enjoy crocheting. I've always just dinked around with it and I think actually having some goals helps. I'm learning new patterns and stitches which can be frustrating.....yet fun too. I absolutely LOVE the half shell stitch I have been working with for my cousin's youngest ( I still need to get more yarn for the eldest's blanket). I'm not too thrilled with a strip afghan pattern I discovered ( for my cousin's middle child).....especially since I am convinced it was originally written in Swahili and the darn thing says "easy for beginners". UGH!As for my cousin's family.....it's not that it was horrible....I do love them all very much. It's just it was very stressful. As of now they are slowly getting situated about an hour away from me. Her kids are in school ( and daycare) and are loving the structure. Her eldest will be turning 11 here soon and because they are still living in their RV and he has na had time to make any friends I offered to have his B-Day party at my house. I know he will be ecstatic.Speaking of parties.......the anime meetup that hubby and I created is happening this weekend and everyone is so excited at it being held at my place again that it seems I will be having about 20 guests ( or MORE) over. WOW! LOL! It's been awhile since I have had so many TEMPORARY people in my house! LOL!My son has been doing EXCELLENT since school started. As I mentioned he has some anger management problems and so he is in an alternative school. Last year was one battle after the next. This year though is off to an AWESOME start. His daily report papers keep coming back with nothing but positive praise and you can see the pride he is taking in himself. I think his summer vacation was a great boost for him.My daughter is adjusting to school just fine ( if not the morning routine of getting up, ready and out......she is turning into your typical pre-tee.......).I FINALLY got my room cleaned and cleared ( and rearranged). I got a giant curtain rod ( the kind you twist and the pressure against surfaces hold it in place) and a few curtains to partition my room off into an open area ( where the puter and TV is) and a private area ( my bed!). Since all the adventures this summer I have been finding myself wanting a place I call MY OWN. Unfortunately my dog Link tripped over the curtains and brought the dagummit rod on my head. OW! So my roommate ( my daughter's father) was helping me reposition it back into place when POP! I underestimated his hand strength ( and so did he) and one end went RIGHT through the wall! EESH! It's a good thing I OWN the house........So yeah. Still busy. I'm not trying to make time just speed by. Well sort of. I'm just trying to find productive things to do and I have found that THAT list is endless. LOL! True I am lonely without my hubby ( sweetest man you could ever find) however it is na the loneliness that gets to me ( how could it with all the friends, family and pets I am surrounded with? :)) it's the worry. I worry about how safe he is. I worry about how this tour will affect him. I worry about how he is going to be when he gets back ( tour one sucked however tour two really affected him badly). If I am busy with projects ( that I enjoy) then I have less time to worry and become upset. I know I should na fixate on the negative, it's hard though. There is nothing I can do to help him and it makes me feel helpless. So I try to keep busy. I guess it's my way of trying to stay strong for him. It's an emotional balancing act when he is over there. If I am too whiny/clingy it won't do anything for him at all ( who needs that stuff?) however if I come across too independant he starts to think that maybe I really don't need him. Which is na true. I have really lucked out as he has been able to call me a few times already and even though the calls are short ( stupid 11 hour time difference and phone cards that eat one's wallet) I am happy to just hear his voice. And I know he is happy to hear mine and the kids. We tell each other that each day that passes is another day that will bring us closer together.Anyways I ramble.........Hey what is the name of your webcomic? I'd really like to take a look at it if you do na mind.