xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CyrusX

Trap17 Gets Supernatural: Topics Disappear! We post byt we cannot see it and others cannot read it Why?

We Ask You: Any problem with Topic Pages Loading?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To whom it may concern,

Dear sir,

Strange things happen after the rollback thunder and it still makes things disappear. No logic at all. Today I posted a topic about Safari we browser. The link is there on the forum list but I just cannot open my own post.

Elf? UFO? Rollback?

Whatever it is, it gave me the following error:

Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.The error returned was:Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again.

I got crazy my friends! Thanks for my credits back and my hosting approved but, the child inside wants to see his scratches on the wall, doesn't he?

Yours sincerely,

CyrusX :)
Edited by CyrusX (see edit history)

The above error is probably because you posted in the Internet forum and all posts there need to be approved by a mod to be seen, while they are waiting to approve the post it comes up with that error. There is still some instability i noticed, just had a few seconds of downtime and IPS errors but its getting better, i really hope it gets sorted soon!

Exactly. I got that error too and deleted my thread after awhile, noticing it is not published. Recently I notice the IPS errors and long downtime, almost worried the downtime would last through my hosting credits and I may get suspended. The admin should be solving this instabilities quickly, lets hope trap 17 forums don't drag this for too long. Cheers.

The above error is probably because you posted in the Internet forum and all posts there need to be approved by a mod to be seen, while they are waiting to approve the post it comes up with that error.
There is still some instability i noticed, just had a few seconds of downtime and IPS errors but its getting better, i really hope it gets sorted soon!

Thank you dear shadowx.

But in that forum it was said that it is under "control" and never mentioned that all posts need an admin approval. Anyway thanks for help again my friend. I suggest just like the hosting application forms something like a brief message can appear in front of the post, saying that it's there for sure and admins will take care of it. People love these stuff. Also more detailed error descriptions makes it a better user-friendly system I think.

Take care. Bye.

I have got this error many times.... whenever i post a new topic, and try to read it immediately, i get this error...but that's not because i post it in the internet forum which needs mods approval....i am able to see the topic usually after some time...may be 15mins...

Yea, I've also got that error before on here (from my own posts and other people's as well), and I thought that something was wrong with the forums... but later on I learned that it was from things that need to be approved by a moderator before they show up. Perhaps they should add a little something to the error message that also mentions that it could be in the 'waiting for approval' stage depending on the forum that it was posted in. Something like that might take away some of the confusion that comes from being able to see the topic titles, but not being able to see the posts themselves until later.

being able to see the topic titles, but not being able to see the posts themselves until later.

If you only noticed the problem of seeing the title bar but no content recently then its actually because of some server issues that have been going on. But if its the red "Board error message" or whatever, then thats the need for approval or deleted post.

But since a few days ago we have been having a few issues with post not being shown and crashed databases etc

Like shadowx mention, if your getting the error message that means your topic needs approval but as for the seeing the topic title and nothing else. That means there is something wrong the with the database that stores all the post data and what not and like it was mention in some posts just wait a few minutes and then just refresh the browser and if nothing is changed just drop in a support ticket at Xisto - Support about the databases being down or something to that effect depending on what you see.