xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mullen

Marijuana In The Us

I just can't understand the terrible 'scientific research' that is done on the medical effects. I recently found a video on YouTube that interviewed the last surviving member of a group created and funded through the U.S. government in the 1970's, and to this day the government still mails a tin barrel of pre rolled marijuana cigarettes to this individual. The marijuana is grown and researched through scientists that are government workers. Then the FDA makes statements saying it's harmful, with absolutely no evidence, or reasons why it is so terrible.The poor excuse of 'dependency' and 'abuse' is worthless.. you could define any 'habit' as addictive.I truly feel that the government and well funded media is just a little intimidated by the entire 'culture' that marijuana has built around such a simple plant. Hemp is a powerful resource, and the plants that are used in such activities are not cultivated for smoking.But in order to regulate such thing, the people in control would have to 'fall back' on all the *BLEEP* propaganda that they spent millions of dollars on convincing us that it is a powerfully dangerous drug. Take for example the latest in the Advertising Campaigns geared directly towards children. In Advertising, in order for your Ad to be effective, it must speak to it's Target Audience. In the TV Spots it shows Suburban kids, often living in middle class neighborhoods, in two story houses. Yet the people the drugs truly effect is not represented. Mis-education only breeds mis-understanding, and when you lie to vulnerable children it only creates paranoia.Close your eyes and ears, and open your mind.. if only for a second, you might be surprised at what you can learn about yourself.

Marijuana is in fact a drug,a DRUG is a substance that is used as a medicine or narcotic.MJ is legal for only a few with certain desiese that make you not eat.Mj releases something into your brain and makes you hungry, i believe.I think that there shouldn't be such a big controversy with this drug.simply because it doeskin destroy your whole body, unlike cocaine mj makes you crave food.In Amsterdam( the drug capital of the world) Mj is legal, in fact anything that is naturally grown from the ground is legal. But anything else such as pills ormeth, something that you have to concoct your self is illegial.So if mj was legal in the us, wich would never happen, maybe you would seeless people in the jails, and we would have more room in the prisons for the realcriminals.

the last surviving member of a group

read what you said. doesn't that say enough??? hahaha you weren't smokin' when you wrote this post, were ya? :)

Ha ha, if you want marijuana come to the Netherlands, there are a many kinds of drugs which are legal to buy and use,We have coffee shops where you can buy them, from paddo's to psychedelic drugs to poppers ( a drug for gays, it produces a gas which stimulates the anus so that it opens itself for easy penetration )The shop where I always buy my clothes (a clubbing/GOA/Psychedelic music/clothing store) had once some kind of promotion.I bought some clothes for an amount of money and they gave me herbal LSD with it :) .