xisto Community
varalu

Having A Wki

Having a wiki in the intranet in your office/ school is one of the important/ best things to do in order to help you/ people in knowledge management. I did that for my company and having my fingers crossed for that to be used effectively. Hope that is going on smoothly. And regarding the guidelines...The wiki is ready to have contents. But before anyone can put contents into the wiki, there are certain things that has to be followed which can be discussed and spread to everyone so that we have a highly integrated, stable, valid(in terms of contents), spam less and reliable wiki in the long run.

Below are some of the things that i identified. Its not an exhaustive list.. .but certain things that came to my mind and I am sure there are lots of things i have missed... scope for others to add is more :)

Important things to be followed

Add only valid information. Make sure you remove conflicts with others before posting contents.

Do not upload pictures (personal, team etc). Upload pictures only related to work/ project. This will help the system to be lightweight and function properly in many ways. Try to compress pictures before uploading.

Do not upload big files/ datasets etc. Please provide links to shared drives where these files exist.

Try to minimize the use of decks for internal knowledge transfers and use the wiki extensively.

Please try to avoid having highly confidential and very sensitive information in the wiki, its public.

Do not spam !!!. Please.

Use only your ID (ID assigned to you) to edit contents in the wiki. Have your credentials to yourself.

If you happen to get struck somewhere, please contact others.

Please insist others to use the wiki and put all their knowledge, future transitions and knowledge transfers will be easy and effective.

Please use the ?Watch? feature in the wiki, to monitor your pages of interest.

Please use the ?Categories? feature so that, you have all your teams contents in one place. It helps to organize contents.

With these in place... I am sure the wikis will have a reasonably good content base and stable.

How many of you guys have a knowledge management portal in your organization (school/ college/ office)?And how many think that a knowledge management is necessary in the organization?