xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
freeflash

Why Do Chikens Lay Eggs Everyday?

well i don't know much but i know chickens lay eggs everyday, i'm not that sure why but i think it because we kill there to much and to fast so the nature tells them tobut im really not sure i wena know your opinion about this

well i don't know much but i know chickens lay eggs everyday, i'm not that sure why but i think it because we kill there to much and to fast so the nature tells them to but im really not sure i wena know your opinion about this

Au contraire, chickens do not lay eggs everyday. The frequency with which a chicken lays eggs is depended on a lot of factors, such as breed, light, temperature and nutrition. Some chickens lay eggs once every few days, even with optimum environmental conditions.

Also, like I have been arguing with a vegetarian friend, it is not logically prudent to assume that animals have the same attributes as humans, such as emotions, feelings or awareness. Thus, I don't think any of these chickens in the world are "aware" that we are killing "too much" of them. I believe that that is just exactly how nature "programmed" them. If your theory were even remotely believable, why didn't the dodos, the great auks or the passenger pigeons lay eggs everyday? Why don't endangered species mate more frequently?

I'd like to point out that chickens do not lay eggs "daily" because we are killing them so fast. I believe it is the other way around. Mankind has discovered that chickens:
1. Breed quickly, though not necessarily daily, as I have pointed out.
2. Grow to meaty size quite quickly (six weeks for some breeds)
3. Are easy to maintain/cultivate
4. Are a versatile ingredient (for soups, stews, pies, pasta sauces, etc)
5. Taste really good

Thus, we kill them, because we like to eat them and we are aware that their population is not easily decimated.

Seriously, this is a joke. Just because we're killing plenty of something, like chickens, does not mean it is a species that is much more endangered than something we don't kill as much like, let's say, blue whales.

i'm not that sure why but i think it because we kill there to much and to fast so the nature tells them to

There is no way for current chickens to "know" whether we are killing other members of their species or not. The way nature "tells them to" do certain things is through natural selection; members of a species that are born with certain, random characteristics (often mutations) which are adaptive to their enviornment are more likely to survive and reproduce, and the offspring are likely to have the same characteristics that they did. Thus, the trait proliferates.

Aye, i think the OP might have been talking about natural selection/evolution as "knowing" rather than having knowledge of. G chickeens lay eggs because they are predated on to such an extent they need to reproduce every day.I dont know how often chickens (or precisely, hens) lay eggs but i think salamangkero is probably right. And everytime a hen lays an egg it isnt reproducing, its simply laying an infertile (usually) egg. The eggs we eat very very rarely have the ability to hatch for the hens are not in contact with the *BLEEP* (the male chicken before you start!) and so dont get pregnant, they simple produce eggs constantly and i guess its like having a period. As a period is simply your body getting rid of an egg it doesnt want

Aye, some animals, like humans, can reproduce at any time they want, whereas some only once a year, and some like rats several times a year. But hens arent reproducing when they lay eating eggs, as i said its basically a chicken period! the only lay fertile eggs when theres a *BLEEP* about, so even if you had 100 hens (females) and no cocks (males, how ironic theyre called cocks...) the females would still lay eggs even without seeing a male, they lay eggs constantly, even if they havent had sex. and thats why i dont feel bad eating free range eggs :)