xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AbdurahmanL

Christina Applegate Has Double Masectomy!

Yeah, she found out she had breast cancer, but didn't want to go through the chemol therapy and stuff, so she did the one thing that would get rid of the breast cancer. She had both her breasts removed, and now I think she has a flat chest. She said she was going to do reconstructive surgery, so I guess that means that she's gonna get fake breasts. I hope she looks prettier than she did before, cause I liked her old breasts. Remember Kelly Bundy from from that show Married with Children? Yeah that's her. She was hot. Well, this has been another news report from me, Abdurahman. Don't forget to visit my blog! I love visitors!

It is sad hearing news like this, but in a way I can see her point. I have known a lot of people that have and or had cancer, including a brother, now gone. I saw him go from a bright and happy well built man down to skin and bones, from all the kemo and radiation. So I do see her point very clearly. I only hope that she will be okay. I saw on the news tonight of all this. My heart and prayers do go to her and her family.Now knowing that she had lost her Mother also from breast cancer. I understand her. all I can say is You Go Girl.

Edited by Echo_of_thunder (see edit history)

My father told me yesterday when he saw it on the news. It is so sad... :) ... I am still watching Married With Children since reruns are very common and I can't help being sad for her. She was (back then) so young and hot... Married With Children was a huge success, but I think on the long run it has damaged her carrier. Just as with Ed O'Neill... every other role he has makes you think of Al Bundy.

This is straight from Wikipedia:

On August 19, 2008. It was announced that Applegate is cancer free after a double mastectomy, even though cancer was found in only one of them. She has an inherited genetic fault, a BRCA1 mutation, which very often causes breast cancer in those with said fault. Her mother, Nancy Priddy, is a breast cancer survivor. Applegate said when she first was diagnosed "I was just shaking and and then also immediately, I had to go into ... `take-care-of-business-mode" which included a change to a more healthy diet. Applegate is scheduled to appear on a television special entitled Stand Up to Cancer designed to raise funds for breast cancer research. The one hour special will be broadcast on CBS,NBC, and ABC television networks on September 5.

We have to look at the half full part of the glass - she is cancer-free. And thanks to modern reconstructive surgery we may not even see the difference.