xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cloudd

Swedish Wrestler Stripped Of His Bronze Medal A Swedish wrestler wasstripped of his gold medal after an event during

You may have read the thread in this section of the forums entitled "Another Bad Note For the Olympics." This is the outcome of the article that was talked about there. I posted in that thread saying that i thougt they should have taken away the medal from the wrestler that purposely dropped it and walked off during the medal ceremony, and now they have done just that.

The Swedish wrestler will probably look back on that day with remorse. He should have been happy with what happened. I have always been taught that the referee/judge is always righ no matter what when i am playing sports. Even if it is obviously wrong, the person who is in charge is always right. If this guy would have realized that truth he would still have his olympic medal.

You can read about the event in the original article.

There are two things that would hurt the most for an Olympian, get busted for cheating and then banned for life and getting your medal stripped from you. He took the latter and who knows how long it will before that sets in the back of his mind. Speaking of cheating 3 other athelets got busted and one of them losing a gold and silver medal, I believe, for doping and what not.