xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Davor

Nba Live 2005

Does anyone play this game? I've played almost every year's release,but somehow I just didn't get this year's.Can anyone tell me what are the main differences compared to the last year release? Is Michale Jordan still in the game? Are there any new game modes? SOmeone mentioned slam dunk contest and 3-points shooting contest.

Dunk competition is such a great addition in the game. It takes you a while to get a hang of it, but after that it is so much fun.

I can say that Live 2005 is the best NBA Live so far.

54910[/snapback]

For me it is also the best NBA live game so far. Dunk contest is great, three-point challenge is good, but you have to try it on superstar mode.

The best point is the game itself - much more realistic than prior versions of NBA live. Graphics could be better though. Maybe this year - with NBA live 2006.

I have this game and the main difference that everyone will notice is the all-star break. With the addition of the SLAM DUNK CONTEST and the THREE POINT SHOOTOUT, this game is awesome.From my experience in playing this game, I have not yet to play MICHAEL JORDAN though. But still this game rocks! I have NBA Live 2005 and ESPN NBA 2k5 and I prefer NBA Live over ESPN because its just much more fun too play.Bottom line: NBA LIVE 2005 is one of the best if the not THE BEST basketball game to date. RECOMMENDED

Yeah, thae addition of Slam Dunk Competition and Three Point Shootout makes this game pretty good. I also think that the commentary is pretty good. One thing that this game needs to work on is the graphics. I have a good video card, but I always see white dots on the court when I play an actual games. It could also work on it's scouting system and things. I love how they implemented the net physics this year. Also, the blocking is kinda out of hand, and it doesn't sound realistic either. That's my two cents on NBA Live 2005.

Oh man! you gotta get yourself NBA live 2006. it's just to good. you were talking about nba live 2005?!? when i tried 06 i totaly forgot about 05. it's that great.ok, i must say it has some bad sides. like cheerin for example...it's not so normal as in 05. i think you could compared cheering in nba live 05 with a smooth wave of sounds. here it's just too i don't know the wright word...how would i say...ok. for example, if you are playing home game and you just made 13-0 run, and your home-crowd is cheerin their brains out, you shouldn't let your rival to score. if he scores then it's all over! crowd goes low, they stop cheering. their is one feature i also miss! there is no shouting: "defence, defence...".but anyway...the game is freakin' good! :( btw: this is my opinion :(

i played all the others NBA Live series, but they not impressed me so much, this one impressed me too much instead.The graphics engine looks fantastic on the PC. The player models are chock-full of detail and look a lot like who they?re supposed to be. There are all kinds of nice on court details, like player reflections, and the animations look great.The sound effects are also quite good. The commentary is spot on, especially in the slam-dunk contest.Gameplay:the coolest new features are the freestyle dunks and the NBA All-Star Weekend, which gives you the ability to play through a variety of different gameplay modesi give it a 9 =)