xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ivan2000bd

Using Internet In Mobile Phone

Yes, it is safe. While surfing on the internet on your default browser in your mobile phone, TCP/IP headers and contents can be seen only by your GSM Operator, and I am sure this is not their interest.

If you are not using default browser, for example you are using Opera Mini, it is safe again, because Opera is a big company and its purpose is only to serve good to its customers. And Opera managers aren't interested in your TCP/IP headers and contents.

But, if they want to know what you are doing while surfing, the GSM operators or any other browser program company can learn surely. I think they never want to access their customer's informations. So it is safe to surf internet with your mobile phone.

HiI have 6681 and on it i have opera 8.6Well i get sufficiently good response in terms of speed(my provider gives a max speed of 43kbps which is sufficient for a mobile) but i do get problems as the gprs connects through proxyservers.Further the IP address is static and on few sites the ip address will be blocked if i have to ask for multiple applications.Any way i'll be shifting over to a WinMo enabled pocket pc in the near future so i'll get to use WiFi with dynamic(really dynamic) IP address.Safety concerns will be there as it is just a mobile and not a desktop, but health hazards are more important. Too much of EM Radiations are bad for health

EM Radiation is a myth, if mobile phones were harmful then so would wifi signals be & the majority of people nowadays either have wireless internet at home or use wifi-hotspots.

Having internet access on your phone is great, and I believe it is safe. When you top up by ?10 or more on your Orange phone, you will have free, 1mb internet access on your phone. But mine has expired lol. Having internet on the phone can be quite difficult, because you wont have access to every single website - it might require Adobe Flash Player or Java etc. So instead, you can buy a small, 7" laptop which is ideal for outdoors aswell.

Internet is mobile is not 100% secure. Your IP address is accesible from other mobile phones connected to the Operator for internet. Do not think that other mobile phones cannot harm you if they have access to your machine via IP. All Operators allow their mobile phones to be connected to the Personal Computers or laptops and use the mobile phone as the modem. So in this case your IP address can be accesed from the computer and intrusion tools can be used. So it all depends on the security that your Operator provides. Today most of the mobile phones are assigned class D IP address whose subnet masks would be 255.255.255.255 so that you are not exposed to other mobile terminals that are connected to the internet using your operator's service.

we always use internet in our mobile phone. what do you think is it safe using internet in ur mobile. ??

how could it not be safe? its as safe as using our computers. same technology really and the same security is used. you can install your own security software yourself but your pretty safe on the interenet. just don't give away important details like full name and date of birth or if your going to give full name away then don't give date of birth.

Well, the thing that annoys me the most is that it is mostly troublesome to use the cellular mobile internet than the one on the PC. One, typing URLs and chatting is mostly limited. Two, adding apps on it is kinda annoying...... Too much limited space....Three, viruses are more easily contracted and your mobile phone might be unuseable after that one. And if does become useable, all data from your phone's/memory card's will be erased.....

Yeah, I think surfing the net from your phone is quite secure and quite fast if you ask me (if you use Opera Mini ofcourse). I surf on the internet from my phone in everyday life, I check messages on my mail, check the status of friends on Twitter/Facebook, occasionally visit some forum to see if I received a PM from someone, and I even write to forum threads, why not?

I don't see why you shouldn't use a mobile phone to browse the net, especially when you are out of laptop internet access but still have network coverage on your phone. Viruses aren't a problem if you don't download anything directly from your phone but through your pc and then transfer it so you'll have it checked by your antivirus software (if you have one :)) and typing addresses is really easy after you adapt to it after a while. Hell, my 50 year old father adapted to OM after using it for a month and he says he loves the mobile internet (btw, if you use OM the sites will open just like on your phone).

So, in the end, mobile browsing? Why not? :)

How to register N99i china phone in GPRS?Using Internet In Mobile Phone

I have used N99i China phone almost three months now... I bought it since I heard some hearsays that it is a good phone and have internet.. But when I used it and tried to registered in GPRS, sad to say it didnt worked. I did inquiring in 221 a customer service and they send me some list of phones which can connect to GPRS but China Phone not included on it. How to register that phone in GPRS??

-reply by jane