xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Accure

Moving A Forum Moving forums

Hey, I'm going to put up a MyBB forum up on my host soon. Is there a possibility to transfer all the old posts from my current host -> Xisto host? Will i need to copy the whole MySQL database and paste it to the Xisto host? or can i just access the adminpanel and make a backup, then put that backup through Xisto.com up again?

MyBB: MyBulletinBoard (abbreviation: MyBB) is a freeware [2], visible source bulletin board system software package developed by the MyBB Group. It is written in PHP, using MySQL databases to store data

Hope to hear from you soon, Thanks!

Not only for you, for everyone who wants to move their site to another hosting, should copy all files and download whole mysql databases in their old hosting.

And then upload all files to the new hosting, and run the sql of downloaded mysql database in phpmyadmin in your new cpanel. (If your database is too big, you should split into pieces to run your sql.)

Some of database names could be changed or the path of script could be changed. So edit your config.php or configuration.php to the latest. After all these your site should work properly in your new hosting. :)

If you haven't done any modifications to your MyBB board all you need to do is backup your mysql DB and reimport it to your Xisto account. Afterwords just extract your MyBB files into your new directory. This will save you the hassle of having to download a full ftp backup and then re-uploading the whole thing. But all posts, threads, forum etc are saved in the db.