xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ravi

What PHP Editors do you use?

Notepad and Worpad are not good PHP editors, they don't even deserve the word "editor", often than not they insert invisible characters on your code document which can have a big impact on your scripts.I myself use Dreamweaver's codeview to edit scripts.

Notepad and Worpad are not good PHP editors, they don't even deserve the word "editor", often than not they insert invisible characters on your code document which can have a big impact on your scripts.

I myself use Dreamweaver's codeview to edit scripts.

WordPad and other Word Processors would do that. Notepad is not a processor - it's just a text editor. With Notepad, it's what you see is exactly what you get. It doesn't insert any 'invisible' characters into your documents.

WordPad, Microsoft Word, and all the others only do this for formatting reasons.

And I don't agree with copying other peoples scripts and putting them on your site, especially if you take the credit for them or don't acknowledge the original author. I think that you should write your own scripts, and if a ad

If you use dreamweaver then you can use it's codeview to make your scripts. But for simple editing of code, notepad is a better option. It loads faster than dreamweaver.
The best way to start coding is handcoding using a text editor. I used notepad, but now I use Emeditor because I love it's syntax coloring. Not only for php, it offers syntax cloring to many others like java,jscript,perl,html,vbscript,c,c++ and so on.
https://www.emeditor.com/

After you get a sufficient knowledge about coding in php then you can shift to a fully fleged editor like DZsoft's PHP editor which offers the ability to test code if you have php installed in your comp. No need to install apache server on your comp.
:lol: