xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LooneyMapleStory

Private Server

Well Private servers first came into my mind a few years back when i asked someone about "Zezima" a High Leveled Runescape Player, he said that "Zezima" Uses a Private "World" Which are Servers that are hosted through out the Real World and then connect to a Login/Game Server. now a "Private" Server I was wondering what it was and how we may get Access to that, well for one it would have to connect to the official Runescape Game Server in order to see the Graphics and Game Details and so on, this could not be possible because Runescape has a Web Browser based Client, but then people began releases Clients that Allow you to connect to the Popular Servers even when they are not "Available" or Full Then i wondered could there be a way to Hex A Server into the Client so you can connect to the Game and that is what Zezima is doing? Well That could be possible but after a certain amount of time some guy named Mopar Released his own Webbased Client which turned your Localhost into a Server that only you can connect to. After finally figurign out that you can let other people join you by getting the source and using your IP people began asking for the "Private" Server Source. This is where i finally realised that no way in hell could Zezima could have been on a private server because all of his work and exp. could not be transferred to the Actual Server UNLESS Jagex Was Editing his Stats. Anyways My Major Question is :IS PRIVATE SERVER UNETHICAL? My Question of that is because most Game Such as WoW Runescape Maplestory and other along the lines have private server which other people host. So Why cant the Original owners team up with the Owners of Private Servers and allow them to run the game how they want it and share the profits?You might say this doesnt make any sense because the Owners can make their own money and faster without profits, but then from the Private Server owners they are getting MORE Money Correct?I hope this made sence lolz.

IS PRIVATE SERVER UNETHICAL? My Question of that is because most Game Such as WoW Runescape Maplestory and other along the lines have private server which other people host. So Why cant the Original owners team up with the Owners of Private Servers and allow them to run the game how they want it and share the profits?You might say this doesnt make any sense because the Owners can make their own money and faster without profits, but then from the Private Server owners they are getting MORE Money Correct?

Private server don't make a lot of money.
They make some money from donations and that's about all they get.

They use the money for server upgrades and server fees.