xisto Community
miikerocks

Compatibility/major Question [resolved] Please read I WILL BUY If I Get Help

Ok, so Im like 13 and almost 14, and I'm wanting to buy a site from you. Ive read everything there is, and I do know html and other stuff like javascript. I want to go for your 7.77 a month deal which would only be 102 dollars canadian per year. I see how you guys have this awesome Cpanel, Rvskin, and fantastico deluxe. I really think you have great deals, and of course your trying to make money, which no one should have a problem with because you dont scam people and have worked hard to create an amazing group of corporations!

-------Now to the Question-------

I have an Invisionfree forum, which when I purchase a domain (in hopefully a day or 2), I want to integrate into my website. Now, I was wondering, how is it, that I could make it so that I turn my forum into forums.freeloads.org (when I buy it) instead of redirecting my users to a non-proffessional z11.invisionfree.com/FreeLoads/index.php . Now I realize that you can have a forum on your site, with all the options and stuff that comes with it, BUT I do not wish to create a new forum, only change my forum into a subdomain, where it will actually show the topic's URL's (such as: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/).

And with 4.5GB of space, that should be enough to have a forum and have a website to right? I want to have content on my site, but have it mostly based around the forums, with only a small comment box for the non-forum content,

I just want to have a forum on my site that is at the same domain name, so that users can tell that I payed for it, not just got a free site!

P.S. I looked at other topics in this forum, and that freakshow helpfulbuffalo is going way out of hand. How could he falsely prosecute the awesome admins and this amazing forum and group of corporations? I know your forum is awesome and everyday you guys work hard on it. Its your job, and when my friend posted something from another site when I let him have access to my account, I got a pm saying I was copying someones work. I couldnt believe it! Plajarism is not good at all , and I changed my password. But truefusion was doing his job with this, and good on him for that. You guys are seriously really awesome, and If you could help me with this, the fact that you guys are a nice group of people, and are not only helpful, but do your job; I will sign up for your payed hosting service and submit a testimonial of my own declaring how great you guys are. And I will spell right on it!

And aren't I a good speller for a 13 year old kid on the internet!!!

Ok, so Im like 13 and almost 14, and I'm wanting to buy a site from you. Ive read everything there is, and I do know html and other stuff like javascript. I want to go for your 7.77 a month deal which would only be 102 dollars canadian per year. I see how you guys have this awesome Cpanel, Rvskin, and fantastico deluxe. I really think you have great deals, and of course your trying to make money, which no one should have a problem with because you dont scam people and have worked hard to create an amazing group of corporations!

-------Now to the Question-------

I have an Invisionfree forum, which when I purchase a domain (in hopefully a day or 2), I want to integrate into my website. Now, I was wondering, how is it, that I could make it so that I turn my forum into forums.freeloads.org (when I buy it) instead of redirecting my users to a non-proffessional z11.invisionfree.com/FreeLoads/index.php . Now I realize that you can have a forum on your site, with all the options and stuff that comes with it, BUT I do not wish to create a new forum, only change my forum into a subdomain, where it will actually show the topic's URL's (such as: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/).

And with 4.5GB of space, that should be enough to have a forum and have a website to right? I want to have content on my site, but have it mostly based around the forums, with only a small comment box for the non-forum content,

I just want to have a forum on my site that is at the same domain name, so that users can tell that I payed for it, not just got a free site!

P.S. I looked at other topics in this forum, and that freakshow helpfulbuffalo is going way out of hand. How could he falsely prosecute the awesome admins and this amazing forum and group of corporations? I know your forum is awesome and everyday you guys work hard on it. Its your job, and when my friend posted something from another site when I let him have access to my account, I got a pm saying I was copying someones work. I couldnt believe it! Plajarism is not good at all , and I changed my password. But truefusion was doing his job with this, and good on him for that. You guys are seriously really awesome, and If you could help me with this, the fact that you guys are a nice group of people, and are not only helpful, but do your job; I will sign up for your payed hosting service and submit a testimonial of my own declaring how great you guys are. And I will spell right on it!

And aren't I a good speller for a 13 year old kid on the internet!!!

Thank you for the words of appreciation.

1. We can have your SUB-DOMAIN xxxx.YOURDOMAIN.com point to your EXISTING old forum. -> This we do using CNAME records.

OR

2. You can host your entire forum at xxxx.YOURDOMAIN.com. Everything running from your server (on Xisto - Web Hosting).

OR

3. You can make an Iframe and put your existing forum (removing the HEADER & FOOTER) inside it. Giving an effect of complete integration under your website (but this is bad from SEO point of view).

OR

4. If your old data is not important, your forum can be SETUP at Xisto - Web Hosting within seconds from CPanel -> Fantastico section -> select forum you wish to install.

-thank you.

shree

with Cname does that mean that it would still show up as xxx.yourdomain.com/showtopic=00??????? Meaning would it show the topic and that if you wanted to get to a certain post you made you could go to the topic name/number (showtopic=53 lets say?)If I hosted my entire forum on Xisto - Web Hosting would that mean that I wouldn't have the invisionfree ads or would I still have to pay to remove them? I would want to put my own google ads up to help make a bit of cash.P.S. I will buy one of your domains. I will probaly get it today or tomorrow. I personally don't think it woould be worth getting an invision power board unless I had tons of members. Because it costs quite a bit and when ur a 13 almost 14 year old, thats a lot especially considering the amount of features I would want would bring it up to like 1K

Edited by miikerocks (see edit history)

If I hosted my entire forum on Xisto - Web Hosting would that mean that I wouldn't have the invisionfree ads or would I still have to pay to remove them? I would want to put my own google ads up to help make a bit of cash.

Yes. :-)