xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
miladinoski

Opera Mini - A Great Mobile Phone Browser

Opera Mini is my favorite mobile web browser and it's in it 4.1th version. Get it here http://www.opera.com/

In this newewst version of Opera Mini, the devs from Opera Software ASA offered us lots and lots of addons and new feaures to the bestest mobile browser in the world, like:

Find in page - find text in page, with simple pressing on # and then * on the phone's keyboard and then entering the text you are searching for, and the app. will find the text with a speed of a computer browser. It's really useful when you are looking (eg.) for some information on Wikipedia and you can't read huge bases of data.

Download and upload files - for me the upload is not that useful function, but howeever in OM 4.1 you can list the folders of your phone, with a simplicity of listing computer folders, and if you are uploading a pic on the internet, you can see the picture as a thumbnail for greater simplicity of finding your picture. (This option can be used only on phones with the JSR-75 java specification).

Save it for later - save the page for later - maybe the best feature that ever came out for OM, because of the expensive MB in lots and lots of countries, you can save the page for later, when you'll have a little ammount or no ammount of money, or maybe you'll be out of the reach of the operatior for reminding yourself for something useful you've read before. (This option can be used also only on phones with the JSR-75 java specification).

Also we shouldn't forget the really fast loading of the pages, which is because of the upgrade of the servers in Norway (through which the data passes and the servers make the data smaller and send it to your phone - read more on the faq page of Opera Mini), the pages load for 50% faster in comparison with the older version of Opera Mini 4.0 which I could really notice.

So, have you used OM, will you use it, and tell me your opinions about it.

Cheers! :)

For me too. Really opera's punch line "The worlds fastest browser" applies here too. A very nicebrowser for mobiles. And fastest....The default browser in my Nokia 3230 is worst and very slow.Even though we can't download attachments with this browser, browsing is really excellent in Opera Mini.I can surf internet very fast now. Opera Mini renders the page and displays it as per our mobiles capacity.And its shortcuts are very handy. If you try this, definitely you won't go for another browser on your mobile.Opera is upgrading features from version to version. And I am using the current version 4.1. Now I am usingit for my Nokia 2630 mobile.

Edited by xpress (see edit history)

i didn't even know they had browsers on mobile phones. one question where can you download it? is it free?i'm getting the nokia 6500 and i want to put the opera browser on. can someone tell me how?

i didn't even know they had browsers on mobile phones. one question where can you download it? is it free?

i'm getting the nokia 6500 and i want to put the opera browser on. can someone tell me how?

Yes, joeblogg...its free. Just go to http://www.opera.com/ and download it from there. Click on download and you'll get three options of downloading....download to mobile, download to pc etc...

If you want to download it to pc first..select download to pc. You then have to select your phone model from the list

(Nokia 6500 slide or classisc in your case). Then you'll be given links to download. Click on the jar file link, a jar file will be downloaded to your system. Send this jar file to your mobile and install it. Thats it. :)

Or if you have internet access in your mobile go to http://www.opera.com/mobile and click on Download Opera Mini. Then installation messages will appear, answer yes to all to install operamini.

Edited by xpress (see edit history)

thanks for that. i'm going to download it right now! does firefox and ie have browsers for mobile phones? i'm a bit behind on mobile phone technology considering i had the motorola v3! opera mini sounds cool. a browser on your phone would be pretty handy and its free! i still don't get how opera makees money. i don't think they have ads or anything and there products are free i think. there are quite a few companies like this and i wonder what is the catch?...