xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
burgen

New Picture Format

how do you feel when you want to find a picture out of >1000 pictures from your computer. well if you are organized enough you may have a specific name for every pic and/or sort different pics in different directories, even so, when you have more than 200 pics in a folder, it is still pain in the *bottom* to find 1.so we need a new picture format, one that like mp3. with any search tool you can search mp3 by tag informatin like author, album, et al because these information are in the mp3 file. now we need a picture format that can store additional information like place, time, people, camera, key word et al, so that these information can be indexed and searched like mp3 or pdf file.

don't they have software for to keep your pic files organized like that? I'm sure I've seen it somewhere... *thinking hard* I agree, it's a great idea to have the ability (and option) to add info tags to images

don't they have software for to keep your pic files organized like that? I'm sure I've seen it somewhere... *thinking hard* I agree, it's a great idea to have the ability (and option) to add info tags to images

41533[/snapback]

yes, like adobe photoshop album, it can add taqs to each pic, but the information is stored in the software, not the pic, so if you move the pics to another computer, you have to install the software again and input the information all over again.

ahhh... for searching such a file that you have inserted tags... try to use google desktop (soryy for not providing the link, but it i think it is on the first ilne on google search), there are many software used to organized your picture or mp3 or e-books, but i don't really need it, i can organize it by differenc each pict to indexed folder... as easy as that

ahhh... for searching such a file that you have inserted tags... try to use google desktop (soryy for not providing the link, but it i think it is on the first ilne on google search), there are many software used to organized your picture or mp3 or e-books, but i don't really need it, i can organize it by differenc each pict to indexed folder... as easy as that

41542[/snapback]

I like MSN desktop search better, it support PDF files and use less resources, and not in a browser (google made a bad move on this, just my opinion)! Yahoo also made one recently but I have not yet tried. MSN desktop search still has a lot of room to improve though. I posted some of my suggestion in another post.

Why would you want to put so much info for a picture?

41692[/snapback]

for the purpose of searching, for example, each time you go our for vacation you take you digital camera and take hundreds of pictures, then you will just upload them all in you computer, again and again you have thousands of them and then one day you want to find one specific pic in which you are with some one and at some certain places, it will take you some time to find it, but if you can add such information in the pic then it will take you 1 sec to find it by search the name of person and place.

Just make some differents directories with some informations about the pictures for the name :) Like a directory with the name of : 01/01/04 - 01/02/04With all the photos you did during this time... It isn't to long to do it and it doesn't take place :) Just 5 seconds to make a folders :rolleyes: I did it and I have no problem to find an image...

Just make some differents directories with some informations about the pictures for the name :)

Like a directory with the name of : 01/01/04 - 01/02/04

With all the photos you did during this time... It isn't to long to do it and it doesn't take place :) Just 5 seconds to make a folders :rolleyes: I did it and I have no problem to find an image...

41703[/snapback]

for the normal amount pics sort by name and directory will be fine, but imagine for a image server with tons of pictures, or think about google image, do you have the same feeling as me that every time you search a image in google many times you can't find the exact one you want. a new picture format will do the trick and make searching pics as easy as searching texts.

for the normal amount pics sort by name and directory will be fine, but imagine for a image server with tons of pictures, or think about google image, do you have the same feeling as me that every time you search a image in google many times you can't find the exact one you want. a new picture format will do the trick and make searching pics as easy as searching texts.

41704[/snapback]

Maybe, but now you have to find someone to make this new format :) And I don't think it is really to make a new format as good as .png and with informations :rolleyes:

You could rename the file or give it a huge name I guess or try to shorten it by having different directories or folders as already expressed. I understand what you mean but do you realize all the info you would have to type in?

You could rename the file or give it a huge name I guess or try to shorten it by having different directories or folders as already expressed. I understand what you mean but do you realize all the info you would have to type in?

41725[/snapback]

yes you have to input those information, but it can be done in batch, like all the pictures in the same trip, or all the pics having the same people, or all the pics at the same place, or give same keywords to a lot of pics at the same time, kind of like dealing with mp3 tag.

I dont have that many pictures to store. But i mean you want it all on one files and just browse in alpabetical order or something? Or is it you just want some program to just hold it in on one little file to safe space and all that? But 2000 picts thats so much.... Wonder what is in those..

I dont have that many pictures to store. But i mean you want it all on one files and just browse in alpabetical order or something? Or is it you just want some program to just hold it in on one little file to safe space and all that? But 2000 picts thats so much.... Wonder what is in those..

43422[/snapback]

I have more than 2000 pictures in my computer, you know, when you have a digital camera, that is not a big number, every time on a trip or event I took my digital camera with me and take many pictures, normally more than 200.

of course many of them are just not good or repeats, but the point is you take as many as you can, then you select the best when you have a chance to look through them on a computer.