xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JenelleK

Disappointing Your Boss.

Hey everyone,I am new (obviously) and am having some issues with my new job. I've been there now for a month and a half. Been doing very well with the customers, processing orders, shipping and questions.My downfall is ordering product and communicating effectively with the owner.The communication is completely out of character for me, it was at first little things like not sending him an email right away or something of the similar. This time it turn really bad. Previously, I was working the "new person" bumps out and paving the way to being an excellent employee.i ordered product that i thought we needed right away... He doesn't like orders being held for shipments.He asked me to get the pricing, and said he is sure i can make a good call.So from that I thought that was the OK.This was weds.I made the order.Then on Friday he comes in the office and the last thing he said to me was wait another week or two to order this.I was already flustered because I had misplaced a piece of paper (that turned out I shredded it which is good) and for a moment I thought I didn't order the product.The Friday I came home and realized I did order it, and I was totally screwed.I emailed him today and told him. I should have told him i think i ordered it weds, but I didn't, wasn't thinking, was acting out of fear and now I look 10 times worse.I just want to be perfect at my job, and its back firing...This is making me wonder if I am what he is looking for. My last job for the first 6 months was terrible, but after that I turned out to be one of the best employees the company had. I love this new job so much, but at the same time my anxiety level is super high and I am worried about failing myself, the owner, and his company. Maybe this is just the fear talking, maybe I am not cut out to run a business by myself. I just don't know, and these questions are frustrating to me because that is just it, I don't know. In that I don't want to fail.If anyone can share advice, past stories, or anything I would surely appreciate all of the attention.Thank you.

Well, actually, to me it sounds like you are off to a pretty good start. It takes a long time to adust to new jobs, you have not only the job it'self to learn, but the nature of the boss and other employees you have to work with and understand what they want and expect from you. Most bosses understand this and expect some mistakes at first. If you are trying hard (which it sounds like you are) and learn from your mistakes, I think you will be just fine. I once sent a new employee to the back area of the kennel and told her to bring up a pregnaunt dog. (this was a Standard Poodle, extremly pregnaunt, belly big as a county fair blue ribbon watermellon) When she finally got back with the dog, she had brough up the MALE!!!! I didn't fire her, but sure did laugh over that one. I never dreamed training a new employee would involve the sex education aspect, the difference between boys and girls at any rate.

Dear friend many a times we have to think from the bosses side. Many a times I am disturbed by my bosses behaviour but when I am all alone think about the issue in a proper way I realise that its many a times our fault and not his. So be friendly with him and try to understand him and his views which will help you in your job a lot.?

as for my self I think your start is a good job (i think).. you look serious with your job.. everyone makes mistake specially with their new job.. just apologize.. but don't make mistake one after another.. of course employers don't want to correct you every time..