xisto Community
pedro-kun

Regarding Content Language...

Hello,I'm sorry to bother you all again... I've read the TOS and I'm having second thoughts about the "site must be in English" rule. I was thinking about having some Portuguese stuff there (because I am portuguese, and sometimes I create portuguese content)... Would there be any problem? If in doubt, I could of course translate content for further analysis by the administration... The main site would remain in English, of course..I know you created the rule to prevent illegal content... however, I'd really like to have at least some things in portuguese... I just want to know if we are allowed to have some things in other languages.I'll be awaiting your answers regarding the matter :)

From what I understand what ever content you have in a different language you must also provide another page with equivalent content but in English. Someone more familiar with these rules should be able to clarify it for us.

I chime in right quick, basically you just need one page in English that mentions whats your site is about. The best way to do this is to create a page in english and provide a link in the index file of the language your buildings the site for and way you don't have to burn the index page in English and lose on on viewership and what not.

Your index page or portal should be in English (if you want to play safe). And allow users to enter Portuguese page.We have not had many sites that did not provide some "translated" contents but if you really want to play safely provide direct translations from every Portuguese page to English page :)

Your index page or portal should be in English (if you want to play safe). And allow users to enter Portuguese page.
We have not had many sites that did not provide some "translated" contents but if you really want to play safely provide direct translations from every Portuguese page to English page :P

Mostly everything will be written in English... I guess that only some very specific pages may be portuguese..

Anyway, thanks for replying :)

My website is completely bilingual (English/Dutch) and i have never had an issue nor a reprimand from Trap 17, so i assume it is all right then.