xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
krispypuff

Windows Media Player Can't Be Removed From Win Xp Does anyone have this problem?

My family recently got a Dell. :rolleyes: After a few boots, a Windows Media Player popup came up and asked if I wanted to install it. I clicked yes and proceeded on. Ever since then I have grown to regret that decision because now the program won't go away. It loads up every time I log onto to the computer and it takes forever. I tried removing it but then after a boot the software would reload it. As far as I know I don't have any virus. Anyone know of any way to get rid of it?

My family recently got a Dell.

If i hear the name Dell, i already start shivering.
Their pc's aren't normal inside. They put the motherboard, VGA-card, ... on a total different place than in an normal computer.

They probably change the software and os ...

If i hear the name Dell, i already start shivering.

Their pc's aren't normal inside. They put the motherboard, VGA-card, ... on a total different place than in an normal computer.

They probably change the software and os ...

41489[/snapback]

ya it s pretty much the worst computer we've ever had. I use an older Emachine model with Windows 98 and it runs sooo much better (although it s not a very good computer in itself). Dell really does use the cheapest parts!

ya it s pretty much the worst computer we've ever had. I use an older Emachine model with Windows 98 and it runs sooo much better (although it s not a very good computer in itself). Dell really does use the cheapest parts!

41522[/snapback]

i thought Dell is better than emachines, emachines is the cheapest crap in the market and now bought by another crap company. and win98 runs better than winxp? i guess microsoft should really stop making softwares.

ohhh,so interesting...if there is a problem,it will relate to the brand of computer. umm,in my opinion,Dell is a gread brand in IT,especially in PC.No matter on price or Performance...even better than IBM and Toshiba.er,come bace to your post about mp as booting .solving this trouble,you could check the msconfig of xp or startup to remove it.if not successful,uninstall your mp completely.

If your computer is running this operating system Do this

Windows Millennium Edition, Windows XP Home Edition, or Windows XP Professional Use System Restore in Windows. Windows Media Player 9 Series will be removed and the previous version of the Player will be restored.

Any CD tracks copied to your computer will remain, and the previous version of Windows Media Player will be able to play this audio content.

For more information about System Restore, see Windows Help.

Windows 98 Second Edition or Windows 2000 In Control Panel, click Add/Remove Programs, and then click Windows Media Player. Windows Media Player 9 Series will be removed.

more information: CLICK HERE

OOOPS..i am sorry for the previous post - I totally blew it:)

Here is how it should look like:

If your computer is running this operating system ,

Windows Millennium Edition, Windows XP Home Edition, or Windows XP Professional

Do This

Use System Restore in Windows. Windows Media Player 9 Series will be removed and the previous version of the Player will be restored.

Any CD tracks copied to your computer will remain, and the previous version of Windows Media Player will be able to play this audio content.

If your computer is running this operating system ,

Windows 98 Second Edition or Windows 2000

Do This

In Control Panel, click Add/Remove Programs, and then click Windows Media Player. Windows Media Player 9 Series will be removed.