xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dimumurray

What A Gwann! Introductions

Hi all,

For those of you did not quite catch the meaning of the phrase in the title of this topic, I will have you know this, it is Jamaican parlance for 'what's up'.

So I am new here. The new kid on the block. Green as grass but as strong as brass. (OK, so that was a little over the top but I need to keep my character and word count high so you just have to deal with the rhetoric). If you have not yet figured out my goal here, well here it is in not so simple terms (or should I have said a 'nutshell'), my manifesto if you will:

To get my post count up high enough so I can get some free, fully-featured, PHP&MySQL enabled, web-hosting.

Cannot get any clearer than that now can you.

if I come of as somewhat verbose its all for a good cause. I apologize in advance for being so glib. Consider yourself warned.

So a little about myself (yeah you knew it was coming):

I am an aspiring game programmer with some actionscript experience under my belt. Experience I hope to capitalize on in the not too distant future. But I digress. I am also something of an artist, I've invested several years honing my skills as a pixel artist. I am fairly decent with a pencil too.

Anyway, I think I better wrap this up now. I don't want to appear too desperate, mind you.

Thanks for having me. I'll be here all week.

Edited by dimumurray (see edit history)

Hello and welcome, Its great to have you join Xisto. You've come to the right place for free hosting as there is yet any out there to beat Xisto. I hope you stick around and share your knowledge with us. I see you've already added some very useful information to some of the threads here that's great. See you on the boards.Sone

Hi dimumurray! :D

Great to meet you, and welcome to Xisto! Always happy to see some new Trapsters.

You are already hosted so I suppose you have not done anything horrible (yet...:)), but I will through in a link to the very important Xisto READ ME. Take a look at it if you have not done that yet. This is a great community with great members, so never be afraid to ask if you have a question.

I would love to see some of your work, especially your pixel work. I actually spent a lot of time developing my own pixels skills for about two years, but then I got a little bit bored...

Looking forward to seeing you around the boards. Enjoy, and good luck.

Thanks for the warm greetings folks...

I hope you stick around and share your knowledge with us.

Rest assured that at the very least I'll try to keep things interesting...and then some :)

I would love to see some of your work, especially your pixel work. I actually spent a lot of time developing my own pixels skills for about two years, but then I got a little bit bored...

I'd be happy to oblige...I'll PM you some of my stuff and maybe later I'll start an open post inviting other pixel artists to strut their stuff... Edited by dimumurray (see edit history)