xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
midnightvamp

Just Started Cpc Advertising... Any Suggestions? I really have no idea what Im doing...

I recently started out with some CPC advertising, because I was thinking that it would be worth it in the long run if I could bring more visitors to my site. My site doesn't really sell anything so to speak, but does run some advertising on it. I'm hoping to increase my revenues from that eventually.So, do you think it's worth paying to bring people in? Especially if my site doesn't get to many hits yet on it's own since it's new? I'm not sure of the kind of people that would come to my site from CPC ads, and I've been trying to choose my keywords carefully so that only people interested in my site's content would be clicking, but I haven't yet perfected that yet. I'm still tweaking things.I was hoping with the extra traffic maybe I would get some people that bookmark the site and then return on their own later, but I haven't really seen too much like that, though I notice people clicking around a bunch when they get there, so that's better than them just leaving after hitting one page. I guess it will take a little while longer to see if there are repeat visitors anyway.Anyone had success from this kind of advertising? Or is this the kind of thing that should only be done if you have a specific product for someone to buy right away? It's starting to get expensive, and I've only started lol.. what have I gotten myself into?Idea, suggestions, or stories from your own experiences with this are more than welcome. Thanks :)