xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
balsaplayer

Me And My Dogs A little note about my 4 Japanese Akitas and Saint Bernard

Hi, I have been sat here looking at this Forum wondering what the heck I was going to talk about then I saw these posts about Dogs and I thought yeah something I know about lol.I have kept Japanese Akita's for about seven years now I started with one very pretty little Girl that I named Kita that was back in 2000 and I have never looked back.Hmmm did I say little at 6 months old she was the size of a Labrador she now weighs around 10 stone or 140 Lbs which I soon found out is slightly small for an Akita she is very friendly and loves stretching out in the Kitchen.After I had Kita for about 7 months I decided I would like to breed from her so I went looking for a suitable Puppy which i found about 30 miles away from me he was just 7 weeks old when I got him but he did not stay small for very long and they both got on very well together I called him Reo a Fawn and White Akita they were both KC registered so i just had to wait for Nature to do it's thing.Twelve months later she had her first Litter of 6 Pups 4 Girls and 2 dogs Geeeezz was the House full :D I registered the pups with the Kennel club and advertised them for sale nationally and soon sold 5 of them I wanted to keep one of the dogs myself I call him Flopper because when he was a pup his right ear flopped over to one side instead of standing upright.About this time I started looking after my Daughters Saint Bernard because her partner was taken very Ill with crohnes disease and looking after a dog that size was just too much to handle.Thats all for now will continue withis later :)

Edited by balsaplayer (see edit history)

Wow! It does sound like you have you hands full! Japenese akita - are they the ones like husky dogs? Upload some photos if you can i'd love to see them! I have one small jack russell/staffordshire bull terrier and shes enough for me! She likes to sit on my lap i dont know what i would do if she was any bigger! she has bags of energy too and is always running around but shes very sweet, i wouldn't change her for anything!

Oh Goodie, somebody else to talk dogs with! My favorite subject of course!Dogs Dogs Dogs, that's all I do. Would love to see some pictures of your dogs. The one thing I have not yet had the chance here at Trap to figure out is how to post pictures, so maybe we can get someone to explain that one for us. I don't have Akitia's, don't really know a lot about them. Saints......well there you have a mixed bag of personalities. I have seen some really nice Saints, and some real nasty ill tempered ones. When I was a kid there was a lawyer that lived up the street from us that had one that would chase people that walked or kids that rode bikes past the house. If he hadn't been a lawyer, he probably would of been in a lot of trouble. I was passing by there one day and the dog came charging out at me. I just stopped and stood there, and started giving the dog a good cussing, and he just stopped and looked at me and went back to the porch with his tail tucked between his legs. He never bothered me again. He started out after me a few times, but almost immediatly would recognise me and would turn and go back. Typical of most bullies, someone who wasn't afraid of him was no fun!