xisto Community
samlockart

Wordpress Error - Bytes Exausted [resolved] NextGEN Gallery

Hey, I have just gotten my blog up and migrated it from my own webserver. I have fixed up most problems but one issue remains. When I try to upload an image to NextGEN Gallery I get and error when it tries to generate a thumbnail.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1992 bytes) in /home/samlock/public_html/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/lib/thumbnail.inc.php on line 183

It does it for EVERY image size, so it's not because of a big image.

Help, please.

Hi, seems like this is'nt a very complicated issue. The error still says that you're exceeding an 33554432 Byte limit so I guess your memory_limit change isn't working properly. Try changing it in your php.ini or your httpd.conf to allow a larger file limit. Have your PHP memory limit changed by your host, if not you may be able to do it yourself.

No. Those files are server configuration files for PHP and Apache respectively. Changing them affects the whole server, so only the server admins can change them.

I suggest you go to https://support.xisto.com/ and submit a support ticket describing your problem, along with a link to this forum topic, and they should fix it for you.

Oh dear...and I intend to set up my wordpress blog once I apply and get my hosting approved. I hope this isn't
much of a problem when I finally get my hosting!

I opened a ticket with support and they fixed the issue, amazing support for a free service!

Thanks xisto!

Sam.