xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SureShot85

Workout Routines share them here.

Ok I thought I'd share my workout routines, and compare to some of you guys.First off, I'm 17 6 foot and 175 lbs.Every other day I do40 bench press ( 105 lbs)40 Incline bench press (105lbs)40 Curls ( 65lbs )40 leg extensions (45lbs)And then some pushups and sit ups. The weight is low I know.. My bar is full lol. ( Damn walmart weight set )So I'm curious to see what type of workout you guys do?

No offense man, but that doesn't even look like a workout!!! First of all, there's no back/lats exercises... and full body workouts should be more than this (sets and reps) so I suggest that you would register at a decent gym and have a proper workout routine in case you want a good body. Here's an example of a split workout routine (I prefer split to full body workout): You will be training 5 days a week, relatively moderate to heavy weights, not too many sets and reasonable number of reps. You need to do cardiovascular exercise as well as the aim of this workout is to burn fat and add some muscle mass as well, so the result would be a ripped body with a great shape. I've been doing this workout for a month now and I've seen great improvement in my body shape, so hopefully this will be good for you as well. Here's the workout:Monday: Chest training===============- Incline Bench Press: 2 warm-up sets, then 3x8 (which means 3 sets of 8 reps)- Incline DB Bench Press: 3x8- Butterfly Machine: 3x8- Cable Crossover: 2x10-12-Abs Training followed by cadio trainingTuesday: Back/Lats training==================- Deadlifts: 4x10- Pull-ups: 3x10-12 (If you can do more than 12 reps, add some weight between your legs)- Bent Over Barbell Rows: 3x8- Seated Cable Rows: 2x10- V-Bar Pull-downs: 3x8- Barbell Shrugs: 3x8-10- Waist training followed by cardio trainingWednesday: Shoulders/Delts training========================- Military Press: 2 warm-up sets, then 3x8- Side Lateral Raises: 4x8- Front Raises: 3x8- Bent Over Rear Deltoid Raises: 3x8- Abs training followed by cardio training Thursday: Legs/Quadriceps & Calves training=============================- Leg Press: 1 warm-up set, then 3x8- Hack Squats: 3x8- Leg Front Raises: 3x8- Leg Curls: 3x8- Standing Calf Raises: 3x8- Seated Calf Raises: 3x8Friday: Biceps & Triceps training=====================- Barbell Curls: 2 warm-up sets, then 3x8- Hammer Curls: 3x8- Concentration Curls: 3x8- E-Z Barbell Triceps Extension/Skull Crusher: 4x8- Cable Push-downs: 3x8- DB Kickbacks: 3x8- Abs training followed by Cardio trainingSaturday and Sunday are rest days, but you can do cardio and abs training if you wish. This is just a sample workout routine for one week. You can try it for 2 or 3 months changing exercises with ones that are somehow similar to those I given in the sample keeping the same sets and reps scheme. But stick to the basic compound exercises because those are the most efficient and give the best resultsNote: These are my Abs and Cardio training routines:Abs training: ========- Crunches: 30 reps - Sit-ups: 25 reps- Leg Raises: 25 reps- Knee-ups: 25 reps- Side Bends: 20 repsI do this routine as a cycle, which means I do all the exercises after eachother with 10 seconds rest between the exercises. And I do it as 3 sets with 2 minutes rest between the sets. Cardio training: (on the bicycle)====================- 5 minutes warm-up- 1 minute high intensity- 2 minutes moderate intensity- 1 minute high intensity- 2 minutes moderate intensity- 1 minute high intensity- 2 minutes moderate intensity- 1 minute high intensity- 2 minutes moderate intensity- 1 minute high intensity- 2 minutes moderate intensityIn sum, that's 20 minutes of cardio. And this is called HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training), this helps raise your metabolic rate and thus you will lose MUCH MORE fats than you would usually lose in an old fashion 1 hour low intensity cardio session. Best wishes buddy :)

It looks like you guys go out to the gym with all these machines. Well I think that's ideal if not for the fact that I don't have a lot of money. Gym costs a lot in our country. So I make do with running and sprinting, a set of pushups and situps. Striker 9, do you have any suggestions for a tight-budget workout? haha. :lol:

Some of you are quite intense with your workouts!!!.....I just run daily and exercise using a push ups and surya namaskar routine that I have had ever since I can remember....In fact I have never been to a gym in my life. I prefer playing some sport to working out.:)But seriously if you guys follow your workouts, it can't be anything but good. The important thing is trying to push yourself just a little bit more.:)