xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SaNJ

Help Me Make A Lan Messenger(with Conferencing)

Hey friends....I m SaNJ, I m a student in India....basically in computer engineering.....For this semester ...we have to make a project..they call it a mini project , but its not that mini...Everybody is making something tricky to get attention of the facultyToday was the last day...and I didn't know what to do ...so asked a teacher...he advised me tomake a Lan messenger....where people could talk....share files....and group talking...I have agreed to go for it..but don't know whether....its gettable for me....I m here to ask help ....How should start...I have nearly 2 months to complete it....I can program in c\c++....currently learning VB.NETSo which language should I choose......If I need to learn a new one ...I m ready..I have enough time for it...I can make fairly good web pages...using HTML,CSS and know a little of PHP and MySQL....Would these of any use.....PLEASE HELP..

better start by writing you SRS (System Resource Specification) to get you going. planning is the most important thing you should do. plan what your system is all about. what is it capable of doing and what are its limitations. This will guide you through it all. when your done making it then you can start coding your program. it will be easy now since you already have a plan of what your system should look like and how should it behave.

Welcome to the forums SaNj. Congrats on getting your hosting screened. Since you're almost in the clear there I'm sure you've familiarized yourself with our rules. As you may know, this is the introductions board. If you have questions or help you may want to consider making another post in the appropriate section so you can get more help.