xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bittr

Another Boring New Member Introduction the title says it all

First of all, greetings to anyone who's bored enough to read through these introductions.

I signed up 2 days ago, got hosted 1 hour ago... And thought it's about time I introduce myself.

My name is Dan, 24, IT student (hopefully graduating this year). Worked for about 2 years as programmer, desktop applications.
I love programming when it's not unnecessarily complicated and I am kind of a perfectionist.

I looked for free webhosting because I want to learn some PHP, mostly just for amusement.
Also, I want to see how it is to develop and manage an website (improving it, attracting visitors, etc.)

You can follow my progress at (my new domain): http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
I just have some html files for the moment and I'll improve it as I learn.
I want to make it a simple and clean website, with more attention to details. That's what I think a lot of websites lack nowadays.

Well... Thanks if you had the patience to read all this. (btw, Xisto is an awesome name :))

Yes, you are very boring. :)

Welcome to Xisto Dan, aka bittr!

All new (and old) members should use some time to get familiarized with the forum by reading the READ ME. You have already gotten the hosting, so I suppose you know a lot about that? Just remember to write quality posts and avoid one-liners, because they are considered as spam. If you have any further questions you can ask one of the great members or take a deeper look in the Read Me.

I will try to take a new look on your site when you have developed it a bit more. :D You have already gotten longer than I have gotten in many months, so that is great. Good luck!

From Bluebear, Norway.

Ahh another programmer! :)You seem to have caught onto the way things work around here since you've already got approved my your second day. For some reason it takes some members weeks to figure that stuff out. Anyway I hope you enjoy your stay here. You'll fit right in with the community.By the way where is Bremen? *looks on google maps* Oohh, germany. I should probably have known that since both of my parents were born and raised in germany.

Hi there, Dan, and welcome to Xisto.com!I would love to take advantage of this opportunity to welcome you to this community of excellent webmasters and people! I am sure that you will shortly realize that you made a great decision to come to Xisto.com. I hope that down the road, you will be kind enough to show all of us your finished website that you will be hosting here. I like the fact that you gave us a little preview of your current site, and I wish you the best of luck into making it what you dream of! Once again, it was wonderful talking to you and I will be looking forward to talking to you on the forums!

Hello Dan aka:bittr Posted Image and welcome to Trap 17 from Mich in Michigan, USA. Where are you located? (No exact address please. :))

Hope you find your new home here with us at Trap comfortable and friendly. I have been here for 2 1/2 years now and am very much at home. The people here are really helpful. If you need any, just ask. Someone will either answer you or point you to the answer.

Since you are already hosted, I will spare you the lecture on how things work around here. However, if you should need further information you can use the links just above my sig.

See you around the boards. :D

Hi Dan! Welcome to Xisto! I've not been a member for very long, but I love this forum because it's friendly and I've learnt a lot of new things here! Enjoy your stay!

First of all, thanks to everyone for your kind welcomes! :)

By the way where is Bremen? *looks on google maps* Oohh, germany. I should probably have known that since both of my parents were born and raised in germany.

Well, yes, it's not the first town that pops in your head when you think of Germany. And it doesn't sound so german also.I did hear about it though very long time ago, when I was a child, in a famous story by the Grimm Brothers, Bremen Town Musicians

And this answers Mich's question too.

Hello Dan aka:bittr and welcome to Trap 17 from Mich in Michigan, USA. Where are you located? (No exact address please. )