xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
yugioh20cx

Hellow I Need Help Please Help with trap17

Hi i know this may be stupid questions but for me its not,

lol anyways i knwo this site is a good site it was reccomend to me by one of my friend he said that i nede to register here and i will get a host for forum that he can install a shop inside it right now im using proboards which is very simple and very easy to get around its very simple also to add codes.
please have a look at my site maybe you will know a little more on what i mean
My Forum
My Website

so heres a few questions i haev to ask about traop17

1. Do i need to knwo html?
2. IS it very simple?
3. Do i have to pay? if so how much?
4. To get a host what do i need to do?
5. What comes when i get a hoste? (like what freatures are included)
6. Will i be able to transfer my site and uploaded it to the site your going to hosting for me? (because i dont want to loss all my members and topics and so on)
7. Can i get help on adding new things on the hosted site your going to hoste for me?

i hope you can answer my questions

Calm down, Its Sunday! :)

1. Do i need to knwo html?

No, you can create your site using any program and just upload the files.

2. IS it very simple?

What? There are a no. of foorums ready to use on your site, Invision, PHPbb... All very simple to use.

3. Do i have to pay? if so how much?

the hosting here is FREE, you just have to stay active in these forums.

4. To get a host what do i need to do?

You need at leat 15 posts (300 characters or more... about 4 lines)

5. What comes when i get a hoste? (like what freatures are included)

PHP, mySQL, Perl, JSP... and tones of pre-installed scripts, PHP-NUKE....

6. Will i be able to transfer my site and uploaded it to the site your going to hosting for me? (because i dont want to loss all my members and topics and so on)

This is not realy possible, due to Proboards being a custom made forum script,you may be able to export infor and import...

7. Can i get help on adding new things on the hosted site your going to hoste for me?

There is help all around you, you can ask our friendly members and staff for help here at the forums, you can go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and talk to the support staff, (including me) Or you can contact the owner directly through msn, icq... and e-mail.

I hope this answers your questions,

craig. :rolleyes:

EDIT: There are also many people here who may design a website for you or create a custom web template for you... you just gotta ask...

Edited by cragllo (see edit history)

Just looking at your site it seems you used Freewebs templates and some colour/image changing at Proboards. Moving to Trap 17 would give you several options I believe? I'm not sure if you can transfer the Freewebs template easily or not, so you may have to come up with a new site. The forum could stay at Proboards, but it's very simple to use the CGI script for phpBB, which is better, anyway. It is recommended though to get an FTP client to upload your stuff (more options etc). As for help with the site, don't be afraid to send me a PM or two, and I'll see if I can help :rolleyes: (and I'm sure many other members would as well).

ok well thank you i'll try to get hosted i hope and one more question. is it possible to add a shop code in my proboards fourm if i keep it because still i dont want to destroy all my work yes its a freewebs tample im using thats because im not good at html im new lol. anyways im just doing this because im having trouble installing a shop in my forum, someone told me about this site and they said that he they would install the shop for me if i get hosted form Xisto.