xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Joshua

Gallery Not Working

Alright, the Gallery module from Fantastico always used to work for my site. Now it's suddenly stopped functioning and I can't even access the control panel for it. My Iframe page linking to it gives one long error message:

ErrorError (ERROR_STORAGE_FAILURE) :

* in modules/core/classes/GalleryStorage.class at line 226 (GalleryCoreApi::error)
* in modules/core/classes/GalleryStorage.class at line 453 (GalleryStorage::_getConnection)
* in modules/core/classes/Gallery.class at line 202 (GalleryStorage::search)
* in modules/core/classes/helpers/GalleryUserGroupHelper_simple.class at line 105 (Gallery::search)
* in modules/core/classes/GalleryCoreApi.class at line 1791 (GalleryUserGroupHelper_simple::fetchGroupsForUser)
* in modules/core/classes/helpers/GalleryPermissionHelper_simple.class at line 41 (GalleryCoreApi::fetchGroupsForUser)
* in modules/core/classes/GalleryCoreApi.class at line 428 (GalleryPermissionHelper_simple::fetchAccessListIds)
* in modules/core/classes/helpers/GalleryUserHelper_simple.class at line 76 (GalleryCoreApi::fetchAccessListIds)
* in modules/core/classes/helpers/GalleryUserHelper_simple.class at line 38 (GalleryUserHelper_simple::hasItemPermission)
* in modules/core/classes/GalleryCoreApi.class at line 477 (GalleryUserHelper_simple::assertHasItemPermission)
* in modules/core/ShowItem.inc at line 77 (GalleryCoreApi::assertHasItemPermission)
* in modules/core/classes/GalleryView.class at line 300 (ShowItemView::loadTemplate)
* in main.php at line 441 (GalleryView::doLoadTemplate)
* in main.php at line 94
* in main.php at line 83

I checked the file manager and all the files I uploaded to the Gallery are still there as well as a lot of the installation and core files. I have no way of knowing what, if any, of the program files for it might be missing - or why they're missing.

Early on I tried updating Gallery using Fantastico to the newest version. It gave me an error about not being able to update.

Now today all of a sudden, even Fantastico won't work! Trying to access Fantastico gives me the following error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /tmp/cpanel_phpengine.1216148619.28772LhcBzxQDrz on line 23

I'd appreciate help in getting my Gallery back up and running, as it is a major part of my site.

Alright, the Gallery module from Fantastico always used to work for my site. Now it's suddenly stopped functioning and I can't even access the control panel for it. My Iframe page linking to it gives one long error message:
I checked the file manager and all the files I uploaded to the Gallery are still there as well as a lot of the installation and core files. I have no way of knowing what, if any, of the program files for it might be missing - or why they're missing.

Early on I tried updating Gallery using Fantastico to the newest version. It gave me an error about not being able to update.

Now today all of a sudden, even Fantastico won't work! Trying to access Fantastico gives me the following error message:
I'd appreciate help in getting my Gallery back up and running, as it is a major part of my site.

weird, the second error tells you that there's an extra '}' on the code, but it's not your fault, you should re-install fantastico but removing the one you have first.

About the first error, not sure, but check about file/directory permissions. Maybe that's the problem.

weird, the second error tells you that there's an extra '}' on the code, but it's not your fault, you should re-install fantastico but removing the one you have first.
About the first error, not sure, but check about file/directory permissions. Maybe that's the problem.

Thanks for the advice, but I'm still having trouble. I'm not sure how I could remove Fantastico, seeing as I can't even access it. Plus, I'm not sure if Fantastico even can be uninstalled or reinstalled from CPanel.

As for file/directory permissions, I set all Gallery main folders to 7/7/7 but there are too many small folders inside those folders to change them all from 7/5/5 permissions. At any rate, the error message given looks to be the same after I changed the main folder permissions.
Edited by Joshua (see edit history)