xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MaRiOnI

Help

Ok im not sure what happened but my computer has been having some problems lately, i think its my graphics card but im not sure. The other day i was playing counter-strike and the blue screen of death came up and my computer crashed. I think it said something like overclocking failure but i wasnt overclocking anything. I had to redo some BIOs settings and i got it to work again. When i got on my graphics card wasnt very stable. What i mean by that is when i would play counter-strike i usually get the max fps which is 99-101. When i was playing my FPS would fluctuate from 40-90. I am not sure what the problem is, the drivers are updated. All the settings seem fine. I have a FX5950 Ultra 256 mb, AMD 64 3400+, 2 x 512 mb Corsair. Any suggestions welcome.

Ok im not sure what happened but my computer has been having some problems lately, i think its my graphics card but im not sure.

The other day i was playing counter-strike and the blue screen of death came up and my computer crashed. I think it said something like overclocking failure but i wasnt overclocking anything. I had to redo some BIOs settings and i got it to work again. When i got on my graphics card wasnt very stable. What i mean by that is when i would play counter-strike i usually get the max fps which is 99-101. When i was playing my FPS would fluctuate from 40-90. I am not sure what the problem is, the drivers are updated. All the settings seem fine. I have a FX5950 Ultra 256 mb, AMD 64 3400+, 2 x 512 mb Corsair. Any suggestions welcome.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

umm,maybe it is not terrible ,not like what you thought..you should check the fan of graghics card,or cpu fan.usually the blue screen come into to being,which lead to by hot,broken fan.

good luck! :rolleyes:

i would say clean up the dust on the surface on yr graphic card...sometimes those dust increase trap heat inside the graphic and cozing over heat, and which the graphic card itself thinks that is cause by overclocking ...check the overall heat of yr motherboard else wellkeep yr computer with good flow of air , and clean up dust for every 2 to 3 month......and if the problem is still present...i will ask when did u buy yr graphic card..... they do get old when u used it a lot...coz if u used it a lot...without cleaning and lack of air flow...the circuit inside and the semi-conductor inside ...will be damage even slightly which can cause decreased of performance.... Good luck