xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheKoolAidGuy

The New Iphone..

I don't see why apple created the new iphone do they think more people will buy this new iphone? I would like to know how this iphone is suppose to be better then the recent release they had or I should say the first release. The iphone is pointless in my eyes I don't need something that can call people play music and surf the web I mean I can it's called a PSP completely different though but I just don't see the point in the iphone.~Daniel

Well the iPhone is revolutionary because of its user interface. Its touch screen and has multi-touch, which is considered to be the future of UI. Apple is the first company to emply touch screen in a device in such a way that a complete novice can use it. Selling a multi-touch enabled device at a mere 299USD is also revolutionary since this makes it cheap enough for the mass-market. So apple has successfully brought touch-screen UI into the market (the same way they did for the mouse).Other than that the aesthetics of the device is quite pleasing and the added cool-factor is a plus. I would agree though that the first iPhone was not worth it cause it lacked a lot of features but the new 3G iPhone is a bargain at $299.If you still dont get why the iPhone is hyped so much go to a apple store and try it out and you'll know why.

There seems to be quite a bit of misunderstanding with the price of the iPhone that Apple have presented. It costs $199 for a 4GB 3G version IF you take a contract with a telecommunications company of which only AT&T, T-Mobile and O2 are avaliable otherwise you can't get one. Only a 30% of the devices are unlocked to work for any network provider. It will also take quite a long time before you can buy it without a contract...

They say it resolves many bugs with the Iphone and also will introduce the new online App store for the Iphone.

Actually thats just part of the 2.0 software update that it comes with. All older iphones can download this software update for free so they are able to download the apps. The only changes that you should buy the new iphone for are the hardware improvements: Louder speaker, sleeker design, flush headphone jack, GPS, and 3G. And that's about it. If you are a current iPhone user and can live without these features just upgrade your software and you'll be able to download and play apps, push information with mobile me, Microsoft exchange. You will be able to run all the apps on the old phone except the ones that require GPS or 3G.

Well the iPhone is revolutionary because of its user interface. Its touch screen and has multi-touch, which is considered to be the future of UI. Apple is the first company to emply touch screen in a device in such a way that a complete novice can use it. Selling a multi-touch enabled device at a mere 299USD is also revolutionary since this makes it cheap enough for the mass-market. So apple has successfully brought touch-screen UI into the market (the same way they did for the mouse).
Other than that the aesthetics of the device is quite pleasing and the added cool-factor is a plus. I would agree though that the first iPhone was not worth it cause it lacked a lot of features but the new 3G iPhone is a bargain at $299.

If you still dont get why the iPhone is hyped so much go to a apple store and try it out and you'll know why.

Thanks to you explination I understand a lot more why the iPhone has been creating so much hype just like the new OS Microsoft is coming out with called windows 7. It is suppose to have the touch screen UI.