xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FlameX

Linux Version 8.04 Out

HeY FrnDzz ... ;)

Its been a long long long time i have'nt made a post .. so i am back with a bang !!

Good news for all the Linux specially the Ubuntu users ...

UBUNTU 8.04 is out .. and its out with a bang .. > I am really very eager for that .. i have ordered for the latest 8.04 version and the server edition .. >

to order it ORDER HERE

in the site above u need to make an account and provide ur address .. so no the need full n have the Ubuntu ..

Enjoy and ROck On !! .. ;)

Ubuntu 8.04 has been available since April 2008.The Ububtuntu version number indicates the date of the released package.8 means 2008 and the 4th month, so 8.04 is the current version. The next version of Ubuntu is scheduled for October 2008 and will be identified as 8.10

I actually never knew that Jlhaslip. Interesting information there. Well, 8.04 has been out for a while. I remember the beta coming out in like March or something. Good to know though.

Hi, good news for Ubuntu users.But please dont use Ubuntu as synonim for Linux, Ubuntu 8.04 is not Linux 8.04.aaIf you want to have Linux references please refer to Red Hat or Debian as serious distributions.You shouldnt download 8.04 right now, it is better to wait some weeks up to it become stable. Ubuntu doesnt take releases very seriously, they always release very buggy distributions, it is consecuence of they feelings for new software. I am using testing from Debian and i can bet that is more stable as server and desktop than a stable Ubuntu.If you have never tried Debian, i recommend you, it works with .deb packages and the Apt/Aptiude tool.Regards, Seba.PS: You dislike the things(Ubuntu) when you meet something better(Debian).

Wow I don't know Ubuntu was stable for me when I installed it of course after the 209 updates that install should make it a lot more stable then that. Besides Ubuntu is based off of Debian and so most likely most of the updates are based off any updates they made.OOh thanks haslip that is quite interesting, now I know why they have those odd version numbers ;)

Hey Haslips ...

i know its an old news .. i thought of sharing it as i think no one shared it ..

and it was really a very informative news which u have shared(haslips) ,,, now i exactly know why these numbers r out !! .. <

Thanks a lot Haslips ..

n referring to Seba .. Red Hat n Dedian is best use for the networks .. this is my opinion it may even b wrong > and Ubuntu is simply good for desktop though server edition is used .. but if u hav a server RED HAT is best !! ..

Hey any views on KNOPPIX ?? ..