xisto Community
rwperkinsjr

Amazed By Linux I have been messing with ubuntu and have been able to do a few cool th

Hey Everyone,It is the 4th. Celebration time. While I am sitting here waiting to go to the big city and watch the Fireworks I am messing with my WinTV and Razr V3. Man the bluetooth under Ubuntu is awesome. I love the proximity sensor. After you get it setup you can lock and unlock your computer automatically by walking out of or into the proximity of your computer. Of course you have to have Ubuntu installed and a bluetooth USB or built in adapter but once you are set it is really cool.Kind of off topic but I am messing with my WinTV HVR USB too. I will do another post about that and maybe a few tutorials after I get this all figured out. I know Linux has evolved into an ultra powerful, customizable work horse of an operating system though. I hacked my out WEP/128 Wireless network last night too, just to see if I could...By the way the design of the RAZR sucks but the features are great. Kind of a toss up phone. Not great but not bad.But Ubuntu? Well, Ubuntu kicks Winblows *bottom*.Any thoughts?

hey dude ... i got many thoughts .. > ;) i am really amazed by ur hacking .... it was awesome .. well dude .. cud u tell me how u went about hacking it .. i really wanna learn bout all this .. seriously buddy ,, i stay in India and ther is no one to guide me for this thing .. i hav great interest in hacking but .... i hope u get it !! .. i use Ubuntu .. > wats the " PROXIMITY SENSOR " ..!! ??

i use Ubuntu .. > wats the " PROXIMITY SENSOR " ..!! ??

Think of it as an advanced screen saver. It uses Bluetooth devices in the computer and something like your mobile phone to detect when you are near your PC. If you walk away, it puts the screensaver on and locks the computer automatically. If you walk back to your computer, it detects that, and unlocks it again for you. It means that the screensaver won't come on automatically if you are, for example, reading something (so not moving the mouse) but still near the PC, and there is no delay before it comes on when you leave (no 5 minute window of opportunity for anyone to use your PC).