xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sica-GURU

Chage Ip Adress Change Ip adress from modem

Hy, I was wondering if someone know a solution for my task...I won't bother to look the net for these if I get no response here.

I'm using a Motorola modem my motorola modem that the ISP gave me..

and in contract they say there's a dynamic address (this only for fiber, for cable they do not specify) but I only get the same IP address everytime I connect;

some clients told that they were able to get dynamic or other IP addresses after a few months.. anyway I wonder what can I do to obtain other IP adress or dynamic Ip address.

If someone can help me, post here or send me a PM ...it's not a metter of life and death so if you post please tell me all the steps to fallow or else better don't post ;)

Hy, I was wondering if someone know a solution for my task...I won't bother to look the net for these if I get no response here.

I'm using a Motorola modem my motorola modem that the ISP gave me..

and in contract they say there's a dynamic address (this only for fiber, for cable they do not specify) but I only get the same IP address everytime I connect;

some clients told that they were able to get dynamic or other IP addresses after a few months.. anyway I wonder what can I do to obtain other IP adress or dynamic Ip address.

If someone can help me, post here or send me a PM ...it's not a metter of life and death so if you post please tell me all the steps to fallow or else better don't post ;)

Hey dude ... i have got a solution for u .. i too had Dynamic Address .. if u getting the same IP address everytime then its ur ISP to be blamed .

- when u use Dynamic Address .. it follows the concept of DHCP ( i hope u know it ;) ) ..

- so my question is > wat OS r u using ?? Win XP or Linux ?? i don know for Mac OS .. i hav never used it :)

- in case of Win XP : go to Network connection in Control panel and then double click on the LAN status .

- then go to PROPERTIES and in that go to TCP/IP setting and its properties .

- over there click on the option " OBTAIN AN IP ADDRESS AUTOMATICALLY " and " OBTAIN DNS SERVER automatically .

then say OK .

In case of Linux

- go to terminal

- type setup

- then u ll get 4 option of putting all address and all stuff .. dont do that instead

as soon as u get that window press " SPACE BAR " u ll automatically get into DHCP mode and then press OK ..

To check ur IP write " ifconfig" and then check ur IP .. each time u reboot ur IP will b changed ...

There might b 1 more possibility if u using Win XP that u must b checking ur IP in LAN setting where u'll find same IP coz thats the IP of ur ISP and u ll always find same IP in the CMD mode when u type " ipconfig" so it will obviously show u same IP . so need not to worry bout that ..

simply log on here or here here u ll find ur dynamic IP if the ISP has done ur proper settings .

these IP will b completely different from ur IP present in ur comp " if its Win XP " ..

I hope SICA - GURU i have helped .. i tried my level best buddy .. if still not up to mark i m sry .. any doubts do let me know i ll really help u out .. or PM personally .. i don mind ..

thank you for your post and patience ;)I've done those steps before and now too, I don't see any change..The thing is on the other ISP first they had static ip adress after that they changed to dynamic using PPPoe (the reason why I've changed the isp was the slow downloading speed) and now my new ISP has also PPPoe but only for fiber clients (unfortunately I don't get fiber in my area..) so even with pppoe on fiber the cable users get a modem through which they connect and for that reason no pppoe is needed.I think they had set up static ip addresses for cable user and that's why I can't get new IP address every time I connect.I asked some friends to give me their user and pass to connect over pppoe (I don't know if will work) but they're little lazy and have to ask them again...If there's a hack or something for changing IP in my case, that someone on this forum reading this knows, I'd be glad to hear it ;)

I wonder... do you still have static IP adresses?

Here's a graphical reference to what he talked about before...

Follow all the steps to the letter and it should work. No guarantees.

Posted Image

If you can't do it in the GUI, then there are ways to do it in the command line.

Go to the start menu, click run. In the prompt, type "cmd" without quotes

From there, type "ipconfig /release" without quotes on the command line

then type "ipconfig /renew" without quotes on the command line

If this doesn't work... then you might want to consider buying a router and plugging the modem into that, then from there into the computers. Modems are not always the best with dhcp.