xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
.:Piper_2051:.

Mopeds Yea or Nea?

Whats ur opinion? Im thinkin of getting one, mostly for fun, but partly just as cheap transportation to and from some places...

Well I am probably getting one as soon as I am old enough. ;) My brother used to have one, but when he got old enough to drive a car he sold it. Well I got to say that boys on scooters looks kind of weird, so get a genuine moped. (Scooter and moped is practically the same, yet some differences.)I do not need one, but it is a lot easier for me to get around. My parents do not need to worry that much about picking me up here and there, so yes it is very practical. Since we can drive a moped when we are 16, and drive a car when we turn 18 it is a good thing. (Of course you need a licence to both of them.) You also kind of get used to being in the traffic, and they say it is very good practice for the future. I live on the countryside, and a lot of young people have one of them. People here like to "fix" them so they run a lot faster, so... ehh. It is yes from me.

Well, I think it's a great idea! I bought one myself a few months ago, a scooter anyway. 85 miles to the gallon, how could you possibly go wrong with that? My only problem with it is that I am old and slow and don't heal as fast as I used to. I bought it just before kidding season started, and I came to the sad realization that I could not afford to get myself hurt at that time of years, so I have put off riding it. I know that no better than my coordination is, I'm bound to have some spills before I get the hang of it. It jumped out from under once allready, but fortunatly, it just left me standing there upright looking rather foolish. However, now that kidding is almost over with, and this is July, and there is a creek about a mile or so down the road from us, I expect that some very hot afternoon I will get brave and hop on and take a trip to the creek. My only concern right now is if it will pull me back up the hill home, it a long steep hill, and only a 49 cc scooter. Soon we shall see!