xisto Community
dhruv

Lucid Dreaming

Has anyone heard of this "Luci dreaming"? Well if you haven't it is :

a dream in which the person is aware that he or she is dreaming while the dream is in progress, also known as a conscious dream. When the dreamer is lucid, he or she can actively participate in the dream environment without any of the inhibitions or limitations that otherwise would feel natural to persons who incorrectly believe they are in the "real" waking world.

i seriously want to be able to do this it sounds great. Tips to start doing this involve writing a diary int eh morning write your dream, but i think this wouldn't help and is a headache to fill out every morning.
Does anyone lucid dream here?

Can you share your expreicnes and how you actually lucid dream so others like me can if we wanted to ?

Notice from electriic_ink:
Remember to QUOTE text when you copy-and-paste it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dreaming

Edited by electriic ink (see edit history)

I've had one lucid dream before actually. I was bikng around town and I realized I was in a dream. So I took control of my dream. It's absolutely amazing. I could do anything.. I was riding off huge sets of stairs, going off massive ramps and all this crazy stuff.

You can either use the time waiting to sleep to artificially fantasize a dream of your own making, or hope to recognise a real dream for what it is before waking. Unfortunately, the first is not a real dream and the second is difficult given the nature of dreaming occupies the mind in its own thoughts. Often realising a dream is just a dream can cause it to end, and in some cases cause a panic attack as the sleeper tries to awaken when their body is not yet ready. (Not very pleasant; I've done this a few times)

I trust you have googled the topic? You would find much "advice" on lucid dreaming techniques from sites like http://www.wikihow.com/Lucid-Dream and http://www.lucidipedia.com/

The tips from the above websites would include things like...

Keeping the dream journal

Use the knowledge that dreams happen in morning to your advantage; set an alarm clock to wake early so that you can slip into dream state before forgetting the dream, and can continue knowing that it is a dream.

Practice "reality checks" like checking the time on a clock, checking to see if writing on a page changes etc.

Personally, I think the "morning time" idea is the most practical. Hope this helps.

Indeed, I have. Both with various herbs (Salvia Divinorum) and naturally-induced.I've had Sleep Paralysis since I was 11 or so. I have about 7-10 episodes in one night.They used to scare me, but I now look at it as a meditative experience.Salvia was a kick in the butt, I'll tell you. Use it wisely, if you so choose to go that route.There is a way to trick your body into SP. (No, not with sounds, or herbs)If you're interested, please note me. I'd be glad to help.