xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nyy26

Giese Call the story of Dan Giese

Career minor leaguer Dan Giese was drafted by the Boston Red Sox in the 34th round of the 1999 amateur draft.After toiling in the minors for ten years, posting 44 and 24 record with a 2.89 ERA, Dan Giese was called up to the show in his second Major League stint by the New York Yankees. Giese had had an unsuccessful stint with the Giants last year. During his minor league career, Giese was frustrated at not getting the chance to pitch in the show, despite his great numbers. in 2005, Giese was having a bad year, and withe a pregnant wife, he decided to go home. He made the move from the mound to the showroom and gt a job as a salesman at a Honda dealership while he completed studying for a business degree at the University of San Diego."I think I sold maybe five or six cars in two months, so I was probably going to get fired anyway," he said. "I was telling people, 'This isn't a good deal at all.' Usually Honda buyers are young, like my age, so you know how much money they make. I couldn't rip them off. I'm just not a salesman, I guess." Now, after being called up to be Joba's caddy, and injury to Chien-mien Wang has given Giese a chance to prove everyone wrong. in the first major league start of his career, Giese went 6 and 2/3 innings giving up 4 hits and no earned runs. As long as Giese keeps pitching well, he will get the ball, and even if he is forced out of the rotation, he is sure to have a spot in the pen.