xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
raqib

To Being Invalid To Being Invalid for disability

There are lots of people who are not able to work like normal person. We see them here and there but never remember them or even memorize their name due to our first life style. Today my story is about an invalid man who was not invalid by born but in a car accident. He struggled for one year to cure. He lost his hearing power during the time he struggled. But his life becomes more difficult when he became rejecting everywhere of his charming life. Now he passes his time with hope of dieing. He has lost his job with a very sort notice. Then after one year his wife left him alone. As he is partially disable man he need assistant, which he got from his family. But his family feels sad about him which he can feel inside. More he got some financial problem and now days his friends are forgetting him. At first he was not frustrate but now a days he has no hope of life. Some times he plans to do something with his disability but so many obstacles do not welcome him. Though he is determine he will earn a lot of money one day and comeback to his shining life.Share your story.

I don't know any invalids personally but i injured my leg once and had to walk around with a heavy plaster and a crutch. It was very inconvenient and difficult for me to walk. Every step took me a lot of effort. At home, I even find it inconvenient to get up and go to the toilet. I get very frustrated sometimes. Fortunately, I have a supportive family, and enough money to take a taxi everywhere I go. The 3 months I spent in plaster felt like forever to me. I can imagine that life must be much harder on people who are invalid for life. Somehow, they always seem stronger than us normal people who have our organs and limbs intact. I think we should all be understanding towards invalids and learn to treasure our body.

Dear Raquib, this is a very sad story. I was born disabled, so I don't know how it feels to suddenly become disabled overnight, but all I can say is I have found that even when your friends and family desert you, Jesus will never forsake you. He loves you, and he doesn't want you to die until you've had a chance to get to know Him personally, and He calls you to be with Him.As I said, I was born with a disability, (Spina Bifida), and had the extremely fortunate chance to be born in New Zealand, a beautiful, forward-thinking country which provides relatively well for it's disabled citizens. This does not mean that I have not suffered. Other people's attitudes have often made life difficult for me, as they have for every other disabled person at one time or another.I really enjoy going out with my darling husband. However, one thing I have noticed is that when I am out with him, a lot of people speak to him, not to me. He is very good, and always says, "Ask her, not me!", but all the same, I wish he didn't have to say this all the time. Another thing I really detest is when I am out walking, kids of a relatively big age seem to find it amusing to imitate the way I move my head when I walk (and the way I walk). They also stare a lot. I've never really learned how to deal with this, I've tried staring back (which I don't always have time to do, as I'm usually busy shopping or something), and even the odd comment ("Hey, mate, would you stop staring at me, please?"). Both reactions usually have mixed results, and usually leave me feeling like I've been rude, or at least failed to teach the person anything. Having said this, it's very hard to think of an appropriate response. Sometimes I find the problem easy to ignore, but at other times, I'm sorry, I just don't feel like being stared at, and this is when having a disability is very hard.There really is not an easy answer. All I can say is, remember you're a person of worth just like everybody else. Nobody can ever take that away from you, because your self-worth is on the inside. For that reason, "Invalid" is not a good word. It means not important, not worthy of being counted. And disabled people are definitely not that.Cheers,Radiochick.